Chapter 42: Vanguards of the Royals Part 1

Author's note: Since Kai and Aichi would have their training separately, this chapter would be divided according to their POVs. I may have done this in the previous chapters but this time, both trainings would have an equal amount of attention... so enjoy~♡

------------------------

Aichi's POV

Because of the injuries Platina Ezel and I suffered from the attack, it took us awhile to get to the Royal Paladin clan. Blaster Blade seemed awfully quiet the whole trip when we expected him to say something like 'I told you so'. Then again, Ezel said that my Royal Paladin avatar was never the one to talk much.

___________________________________

When we reached their borders, some of the Royal Paladins came and greeted us before leading us inside the palace for a check up.

"You don't have to do that. We're fine." I said to one of the units leading us there.

"My Vanguard's right. Besides, we have got no time for treatment if we want to progress on our training. Especially now with king Alfred joining us." Blazing Lion, Platina Ezel added.

"Oh no! No, no, no, no, no. We cannot allow that! Blaster Blade informed us of the situation and insisted you have a check up while he accompanies the other knights in stopping a commotion at the back entrance. He even said that, 'They can never fulfill their task in the state they are in.' " Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine said.

"So you are not going anywhere until you have fully recovered!" Seeker, Loving Healer added.

"Do we have a choice?" Ezel said sarcastically while I just sweat dropped.

_______________________________

After having our check up, the two heal triggers agreed that we stay in our rooms for another day. Ezel complained and they debated on whether we rest or start training only to ended up with a bump in the head and another half day of resting.

"You shouldn't have done that you know." I said as me and Platina Ezel got out of the infirmary.

"I had to do something. We've no time for resting" Ezel complained.

"All you did was get them mad by not following their advice." I said.

"Hmph! Remind me not to get on their bad side again." He mumbled. Then we parted to our separate rooms.

One day later...

When a day of resting had passed, I went to the training grounds of the palace under Alfred's orders. We planned on having a light training until Blazing Lion, Platina Ezel could join us.

Kai's POV

Once we entered the borders of the United Sanctuary nation, a dragon suddenly appeared before us. The shock blinded me from seeing the figure for a while but I finally recognized the silhouette in front of us.

"Thing Saver Dragon? What brings you here?" Dragonic Overlord said the same question I was about to ask.

"Is wanting to greet you a wrong thing to do? Especially since you are headed for the Royal Paladin clan?" The white dragon replied.

"Truly that isn't your main reason for being here?" Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion said.

"The king of knights sent you here, didn't he? To ensure that we arrive safely I presume?" Dragonic Overlord added.