Chapter 38: Yami's Captives

While the rest of the Vanguards take on their final tests, Yami takes Misaki to his hidden prison where she were to stay until all Vanguards are captured. While in the prison... Misaki encounters someone she had least expected to see.
-----------------------------------------

Misaki's POV

I woke up with a dizzy feeling. My vision is blurry so I couldn't see where the figure carrying me was headed. Wherever the man was taking me, it cannot be good. Again, I fell unconscious but not before hearing the man talking to himself. 'Everything is going according to plan. Those Vanguards and their avatars won't know what hit them...'

When I opened my eyes for the second time, I couldn't feel anyone carrying me anymore. Rather, there was a familiar figure in front of me.

"Your awake! Thank goodness your alright." My vision cleared revealing the owner of the voice to be none other than Takuto Tatsunagi. "What happened? Where are we?" I questioned.

"We are at the dungeons somewhere in Cray." Takuto replied. "Yami had brought you here earlier."

"Oh, I see." I sighed.

"Care to tell me how you were captured? But if you want to keep it a secret then that's alright with me." Said Takuto. "No, it's okay. I'll tell." I said then he signaled me to continue.

Takuto's POV

From what Misaki Tokura has told me, Yami wouldn't rest until he's taken all Vanguards. I thought he was only after Aichi Sendou and Toshiki Kai but I thought wrong. "I guess Yami isn't finished with his little plan." I told my conclusion. "What do you mean?" She asked. "If Yami decided to take you captive, then he plans to take all Vanguards here." I said. "We have to warn the others before he does."

"And how do we do that? I don't he would allow anyone to visit and I really think that he won't leave this place unguarded."

"We have to try." I said and we both sighed.

After a few hours of thinking, we heard footsteps. It seemed to grow louder and louder by the minute until a familiar force was finally reavealed. Yami.

"How's your stay so far?" Yami asked with an evil grin.

"What do you think?" Misaki asked sarcastically.

"Don't start with me girl! Remember, your still my prisoners." He growled.

"Your not getting away with this!" I exclaimed.

"Unfortunately my boy, I already have. Those units will never find you before I capture the rest of your friends. They will get what's rightfully theirs before they even know what hit them!" With that, Yami vanished. Possibly taking action.

"What will we do now?" I asked. "If we don't escape soon, Yami will eventually have all Vanguards and Cray's chances of freedom will dissappear."

"Not to worry. I've got a plan." Misaki said while showing a key.

"How did y-"

"I got it while he was distracted. Now come on, we have to warn the others!" She then unlocked the prison door. "Lets go!"

Normal POV

During this time, Yami tried to capture a few the Vanguards. However, each attempt ended in failure. The units and their Vanguards fought hard to stop him... and his chances to rule over Cray were slowly fading. This caused Yami to move to plan B: taking advantage of their unbreakable bond.

Meanwhile, Misaki and Takuto successfully escaped from their captor with the thoughts of warning their friends. Little did they know, this was all part of Yami's plan.