Chapter 40: Vanguard of the Wind and Waves

Leon's POV

We finally reached the end of the Dragon Empire nation, east of Dark Zone. Tetra Burst Dragon said that we needed to swim to get to Megalicana and the Aqua Force clan.

"Is there any way for me to breathe underwater?" I asked my avatar.

"Yes, there is a way, my Vanguard. But you will have to trust me on this." Tetra Burst Dragon said.

"Wha-" before I could react, he pushed me into the water before going in himself. I tried grasping for air but I couldn't.

"Breathe, my Vanguard. It's alright." My avatar said before I could lose air. I did exactly as instructed hoping that he wasn't trying to kill me. Taking one deep breath after another. I could breathe? I thought to myself.

"How could I breathe underwater?" I asked.

"As the Aqua Force Vanguard and the Soryu Child, you have have the ability to breathe underwater with ease here in Cray." Tetra Burst explained.

"You could have at least said that before you pushed me off the cliff." I murmured. Then we started swimming towards our destination.

______________________________

When we finally reached the Aqua Force clan, Tetra Burst began to guide me towards their palace. The palace was none like I've seen before, even in my dreams. The exterior represented purity with it's white and shinning walls while the interior glimmered in it's light. All in all, it was an beautiful sight.

"I shall lead you to your room now, my Vanguard. Training will start first thing tomorrow." My avatar informed me before taking me to where I would be staying for the week.

____________________________________

"Where am I?" I asked to no one in particular as I scanned my surroundings. It took a while, but I finally figured out where I was. "When did I go out of my room?"

I've been swimming for quite some time now. The sea seemed to be never ending and I feel like the wind is trying to tell me to go back, but I couldn't.

Suddenly, an explosion occurred and two figures sped past me. Within that same minute, they did another shot and hit each other out. However, no one dared to give up just yet. Both figures stood up and began attacking each other once again. It was a wonder that none of their attacks got to me especially since I'm too close to them.

I couldn't comprehend what I'm seeing now. The two figures, one emitting an evil aura and the other was glowing with its white scales, continued attacking each other while dodging each attack shot at them. Looking closely, I then noticed that one of them, is a dragon while the other, questionably, is a human. Normally, the dragon should have defeated the human with ease but they seemed to be on equal grounds.

After awhile, the human finally pinned down the shinning dragon and prepared for one last attack. I closed my eyes as to avoid seeing what happens to the dragon before something began to glow.

________________________________________

I woke from that awful dream. Though at first, I didn't know it was a dream until I scanned my room. A dream? I asked myself. What was that about?

The next day...

Though last night's dream still bothered me, I decided to shake it off. I need to focus on my training so we could defeat Yami, and a little dream won't won't stop me from achieve my goal.

I snapped out my thoughts when Tetra Burst Dragon arrived.

"Is something the matter, my Vanguard? You seem troubled." The dragon asked worriedly.
"No, I'm fine." I replied. "Just deep in thought."