Chapter 27: Blaster Blade

Aichi's POV

"Your light that shines in the darkness leads your forces to victory! Seek the way, King of Knights! Light Origin Seeker, Alfred XIV!" Alfred appeared before us and our units were complete. "That was easier than I thought." Naoki said. "We need to hurry though. Summoning them takes a lot of your energy so it's best if we ask them what we want to know quickly before we drain ourselves." Kai warned. "The more we have to train then! We don't want to waste our energy in an actual battle now would we?" Ren said. "Everything you have said is true. The Shadow Paladin Vanguard made his point when he said that you need training and the Vanguard of the Kagero clan knows that full well. However, his concern was that this is your first time to call us out and with your lack of training would only lead to exhaustion with us here. The time we can stay depends on how strong our Vanguards are." Alfred spoke. "Well, that explains it." Leon said. "But is training all we could do right now?" I asked. "In the meantime, yes. Training is essential for you to fully control your ability in the actual battle without killing yourselves. Also the fact that the stronger our Vanguards become, the higher chances we have of obtaining victory." Blaster Dark explained.

"Is that all we needed to know about our powers and our roles?" Gaillard asked. "No, there are more you need to know. However, we will leave that for another time."Percival noted.

As they were about to vanish, Kamui came to me, "By the way brother, why DID you choose Alfred over your avatar Blaster Blade?" He whispered making me rethink the reason why... uhhmmmm...Ah! "Wait!" I said before they could even start to leave.

"Alfred, there must be a reason why Blaster Blade's card suddenly dissapeared before Takuto's requirements where fulfilled. Do you know?" "Blaster Blade has done that himself, my Vanguard. Though he has never told his reason in doing so, he did mention that he will join our Vanguards in your quest. But he will only come when he is needed." Was all Alfred could say before they vanished.

"Oh, ok" I tried to force a smile. Looks like this didn't get pass Kai. "Don't worry Aichi. I'm sure Blaster Blade has a very important reason in his actions." Kai reassured me. "Yeah... that's right! Thanks Kai." I said with a real smile this time.

After the units left, we felt drained. "Kai has proven his point. I'm exhausted." Naoki said. "It's been a long day, hasn't it? Why not we get some sleep." Misaki said and we nodded.

Kai's POV

'A dream?' I thought to myself. Once again, I'm surrounded by nothing but darkness. 'Or is it?'  "Kai?" Wait, that sounded like... "Kai, is that you?" I turned around to see. Yup, it was Aichi calling out to me.

"Kai! What's going on? Is this a dream?" He asked. "If it is, then we're having the same one." I replied. "That may be obvious right about now, but why?"

"I don't know.  But I know one thing for sure..." I looked up, "Blaster Blade, you may come out now!" "Blaster Blade?" Aichi seemed confused.

Suddenly, a light shone brightly with a figure in the midst of it. The light dimmed revealing the figure to be Blaster Blade.

------------------
Happy New Year everyone!  Sorry for the boring chapter. Christmas Break's not over yet but hey, I was able to update! Works not done though ~_~ and school starts January 12. I'll update the next chapter then. (In truth, I was supposed to update two chapters today but then, I'm experiencing writer's block right now so I am only able to update one.)

Read, vote, comment, and enjoy everyone~♡