Chapter 28: The Avatar of Two

Quick note: The italized POVs are Kai and Aichi's dream sequence. Just saying so you won't be confused. By the way, I'm gonna be changing some of my writing style for the Author's note from now on. Domo arigatou guzaimasu!

Enjoy the story minna~♡
----------------------------------------

Kai's POV

Me and Aichi are having the same dream so that only means one thing. "Blaster Blade! You can come out now!" I said looking up.

"Blaster Blade?" Aichi said, confused.

Suddenly, a light shone brightly with a figure in the midst of it. The light dimmed revealing the figure to be Blaster Blade.

Aichi's POV

"Ehhhhhh? Blaster Blade!?" I shouted. "It's been awhile, my Vanguard." The knight of light bowed and said. How did Kai know Blaster Blade was going to show up? I turned to him only to meet his usual stoic look.

"It seems like we can't survive in Cray without you showing up more than once." Kai spoke. Wait... what? "That may be the case." Blaster Blade said. Ehhhhhhhh?!? What is going on? Am I missing something?

Kai's POV

I took a glance at the blue haired boy beside me. It looks like he's in deep thought. "Is something wrong Aichi?" I asked. "Am I missing something? Or is it that both of you have already seen each other here in Cray?" Aichi asked. Oh yeah, I didn't tell them yet.

"Actually, we did."

"Eh? Then why didn't you tell?"

I faced Blaster Blade, signaling him to continue.

"I was the one who told him to keep our meetings a secret, my Vanguard. It was the only way of giving information while keeping you all safe at the same time." He said.

"But why?" Aichi asked.

"Yami is after us Aichi. And if Blaster Blade came with us, it would arouse suspicion which will cause us more danger." I told.

"Yami?"

"That's the enemy we're dealing with right now."

"Also, if your wondering why I let you take King Alfred's card over mine. It's because I needed to watch over you without restrictions or suspicions. Also, the king offered to be at your side in my stead." Blaster Blade added.

"I see... that's why." Aichi calmed down.

Aichi's POV

At least I they told me. I understand now.

"By the way, may you now tell us the reason on why you have sent us here?" Kai asked the worrior in front of us.

Blaster Blade fell silent for awhile, as if he was holding something back from us.

"About that," the paladin said. "I have told you that I needed to let the king be with you so I may be able to watch over you more. However, Yami has been getting the upper hand lately. At this rate, we units cannot hold on much longer and we certainly have no time to wait for our Vanguards to master your powers. Yami is bound to return soon and for that, the remaining leaders have assigned me to train you. That way, both the time period of training and the pressure of mastering the power will lessen."

"I see." Kai said, "And when will we start? As you've said, we have no time to waste. But we also don't know when you'll come."

"Simple, all you need to do is summon me there." Blaster Blade replied. "But how will we do that? We don't have your card and even if we have your card, who will summon you." I asked.

He turned around and said, " It is up to you to decide. Both of you will gain the power to summon me since both of you are my Vanguards." Then he started to vanish. "I shall see you soon, Aichi Sendou and Toshiki Kai. Make haste, my Vanguards." Then he left and light engulfed us.

----------------------------------------

Kai's POV

Opening my eyes, I saw the bright sky. In my hand was Blaster Blade's card. I examined it closely and zoned out.

"Kai... Kai?" "Kai!" Everyone shouted, snapping me out of my trance. "Huh?" "You ok Kai?" Miwa asked.

"Yeah, just looking at the card." I replied.

"Eh? Another card? I thought you can only summon one unit." Ren said.

"You can only bring one card." I corrected him. "That doesn't mean you can't gain a new card from here." "Is that so? It makes sense. " Ren told.

"So what units are you able to summon in those cards?" Kamui asked. "Blaster Blade," me and Aichi said in unison. "Ehhhhh? Both of you can summon the same unit?" Naoki said. "Apparently" Aichi replied.

"Oh yeah! Kai, is it alright if I summon him first?" He asked. "Sure, why not." I simply said. The others just stared at us, confused. "It will all be clear in a moment." I told them.

Aichi's POV

I turned to Kai and he nodded, telling me to do it. This is it.

"Stand up my avatar! May your sword of light that overcomes darkness respond to the call of the weak. Answer it and defend them my avatar! Come forth, Blaster Blade Defender!!" As expected, Blaster Blade came out of the card.

----------------------------------

Hey minna! gomenasai for the wait. Anyway, here is the chapter you've all been waiting patiently for. I made it as long as I can to make up for the days I haven't updated. Tell me what you think of it but I hope you guys like it. By the way, I would like to give a shout out to BerryBerryBlitz and WongRuiYue for the continuous support on this book. I greatly appreciate it! I would also like to express my gratitude to all those silent readers and the new reader of the fanfic (if not, then recently discovered reader.) Goldinator! Without you guys, this fanfic wouldn't have gone this far. Pls continue to support it everyone! By the way, the book has already recieved over 1k views (last time I've checked.) Again thank you for reading 'Defenders of Cray' *>^~^

Read, vote, comment and enjoy minna~♡