Chapter 10

The family decided to not push the matter further and discuss it later in private when she left for the hotel, even though Marinette wasn't aware of their plans, she was more than relieved that certain subject was no longer the main focus. 

Right now, it was midday and the siblings, after around an hour of arguments and even physical contact, came to an agreement to binge several of their favourite movies. At this current moment in time, Marinette was squished between two brothers, she for once actually accepted the snacks that were made for their binging session; she wouldn't admit it aloud but she actually enjoyed eating for once since forever. 

She actually enjoyed being squished between her two brothers, she actually watched the millions of movies in peace, she embraced the moments where she didn't have to worry about her class or Paris or Hawkmoth... Or so she thought. 

Like said, they were on their millionth movie when her phone went off, it wasn't a ringtone or message notification but a special notification that put her in a bit of a predicament. Despite recognising the notification she received, she took a quick peak at the screen and searched around the room looking and thinking of a quick excuse. Turning to her left, her voice barely under a whisper to not interrupt the movie.

"I'm gonna go to the toilet real quick." 

She didn't wait for a reply and squeezed out from her small space she found rather comfortable, the blanket falling to the floor for a second before she threw in onto her seat. 

Moving quickly but quietly through the corridors she found her purse with her scarf, hanging in a place she couldn't be asked to inspect. Opening it with the flick of her wrist, she was met with six beady eyes.

"We gotta go." 

Her voice was still a whisper, she couldn't let anyone hear their conversation. The Kwami quickly understood and flew out, following the girl to the nearest bathroom where she transformed into Ladybug. 

"Kaalki, Tikki, Unify!" 

Holding her hands out to her side but away from her hips, her hands intertwined with each other, her red and black outfit changing to have brown aspects.

Calling out the word 'Voyage', A teal coloured disk appeared at the girls right wrist. Throwing said hand forwards, the disk flew from her right wrist to form a portal, the exact size for the girl to walk through with no problems. 

Walking through the portal, she appeared in a dark city, buildings burnt and half disappeared. People screaming and running in the opposite direction the heroine was facing. The wind blew harshly against her face, her loose hair strands with brown streaks let itself be taken with the cold breeze. The feeling surrounding the city was an eerie one, it was a familiar one at that. Under her breath so that she could still hear her surroundings.

"Kaalki Dismount."

As she carried on to inspect the broken city in silence, a high pitch scream was sounded from the Eiffel Tower. However this cry wasn't squeaky, it was deep and similar to a growl, the same one of a toddler. August. 

The baby was no longer and was four now, as a matter of fact, today was the four year olds birthday. Something must've gone wrong at his party which caused him to become akumitised. Pulling her yo-yo from her hip, she threw it forward and jumped off the roof she stood on, swinging towards the toddler. The heroine's outfit actually changed when she turned 16. 

She had black knee high boots that had a bit of a heel, the heel making no difference despite making her slightly taller and her kicks more affective. Where her boots started at her knee, she had her original red and black spot design that looked like a type of shorts that lasted till a few centimetres above her waist.