Chapter 26

"I myself am not sure what's happening to her." 

Wayzz hovered besides his siblings as he watched Marinette whimper and grit her teeth in pain.

The turtle Kwami was more than shocked when Kaalki came into the miracle box and demanded for him and Fluff immediately. He had a brief idea on what it could be but when seeing the horse kwami, he was filled with relief since he hadn't seen her in quite sometime and that worried him since Marinette gave the kwami free reign on what they did. 

Recently, the Kwami had felt the shift between the miraculous and whatever they felt, it was like a wave of shock and slight pain. They've only ever felt such sensation on very few situations and they were never good ones.

So when they, out of the blue, felt this, they were filled with absolute dread and weren't able to do anything since they were in unknown territory and had no idea where their guardian was but when Kaalki came and reassured the zodiac Kwami's that Marinette was doing fine, it was more than relief.   

The Kwami could've celebrated the news then and there but what they heard next made them not. 

That's how Fluff and Wayzz got themselves in their current predicament, floating in front of their beloved guardian who writhes in pain and they have no idea on what to do to help her. 

"I was sure this would happen one day, I saw it in the timeline, she will be benefitted but will have to pay a heavy price and burden."

Fluff spoke up, turning her eyes to the Gods besides her. She knew exactly what was happening but just because she knew what was happening, didn't mean she liked it. 

The room remained silent catching onto what the bunny kwami was talking about. None wanted to speak aloud about the consequences, about the price she's having to pay.

The burden however, they weren't sure what that was meant to be about but over the many, many years they've learnt to trust Fluff no matter what; the same applied to the rest of the kwami siblings too. 

Tikki couldn't help but wince every time she saw her holder wince and whimper. She loved Marinette very much and wanted the best for her but the years have proved difficult and Tikki just wants to give the world to her, she's gone through so much and never deserved this amount of pain. 

The bond between the ladybug kwami and their holder was a strong one, whether or not the holder was male or female it was always the same. The two would always be there for one another through thick and thin, they loved each other equally and were inseparable. However, there was something else as well, being a miraculous holder meant your kwami was able to sense when their holder was in danger, sometimes even feeling their pain.

If they tried hard enough, they would even be able to feel their emotions. 

An example is when Marinette first discovered her ladybug traits: hibernation, one of the many unfortunate traits. Marinette got so cold and never noticed but Tikki did, she began to shiver and stayed pilled under Marinette's fabric pile for warmth. The cold never left, Marinette never noticed till she suddenly collapsed and woke up several days later in a hospital room. Sabine, when she was still alive, had found the girl not responding and unconscious on her bedroom floor and was immediately rushed to accident and emergency. 

Tikki felt that coldness till Marinette woke up in the hospital where she was warmed up, according to the doctors she actually suffered a mild case of hypothermia. 

And at this current moment, Tikki can't even feel half of what Marinette feels. Whatever Tikki is feeling hurts to no extent, So what pain is Marinette going through right now? 

Tikki doesn't even wanna think about that because she has no idea how to take away that pain, no matter how hard she wants to take away the pain, no matter how much she wishes for the pain to disappear. 

For one of the first times in the Creation Kwami's life, She's helpless. 

But not for long. 

Marinette finally moves for the first time since her eyes changed colours. 

She blinks

She has control over her body again. 

Her fingers grip onto her blanket tightly till her knuckles go white. 

She's finally able to move on her own accord. 

Marinette sucks in a shaky breath. 

She blinks just once and she's back to normal. Her sight returns and she's not seeing those antagonising flashes. She moves her head because she has control over her body once again and she blinks for a second time. 

Her eyes are back to their normal bluebell. 

"Well... That was unexpected."

Marinette breaks a small smile trying to lighten up the quiet rooms mood. 

She guesses it doesn't work because all she got back was a bunch of deadpanned expressions from the two men and the five Kwami's. 

"Wayzz, Fluff." She nods in both their directions. 

"Guardian." The turtle and bunny God and Goddess reply in unison. 

The room settles into an awkward silence. 

"Oh God, I haven't had enough coffee because I swear I'm hallucinating."

The entire room turns their attention onto the man standing at Marinette's left side. 

"I swear I was seeing these little floating things with wide eyes, looking like different animals and insects calling you Guardian."

Tim rubs his eyes as if assuring himself what he was seeing wasn't real. Marinette shakes her head with a growing smile on her lips. 

"Nah, they're real alright Timbo." 

1065 Words

Hellooooooo people!!! I've finally updated!

Comment! Comment! Comment! 

I feel like I haven't updated in forever, school started this Thursday and everyone is still adjusting. I'm just trying to adjust to waking up so early in the morning. 

Anyways, I'm so sorry for the short chapter, normally I do around two thousand words but I wrote only 944. I feel so bad but I didn't want to over do it for this chapter. 

I hope you enjoyed Chapter 26. I feel like I've gotten so far with this book and getting your comments and votes truly make my day. 

Poppadom is outt!!! 

Scroll down a little...

Whose ready for the final few Chapter?! 

We're nearly finished!

Let's gooo!!!!!