Alternate Ending Part II

Paris mourned 

The news was so sudden and so unexpected, how else were they meant to react? 

They'd seen Hawkmoth attack and it wasn't anything new, they reacted seemingly and did what they always did, however, they weren't prepared for what they saw. 

They saw Ladybug fly in like usual, but along with her came Abrielle who had been missing for two months and joining them was heroes that didn't belong in Paris; let alone outside of America. They saw Batman fight with his crew and many other superheroes and vigilantes they never expected. 

For once, they believed Paris would be set free, and they were correct, but not in the way they thought. 

Everyone saw the magical ladybugs fixing up the mess all around Paris and they felt the sudden atmosphere change despite the bright sky. Parisians knew better than to go outside, just in case, remembering what happened last time they remained inside till one of the heroes came and told them it was safe to come out, alike to how they'd done every single time before. Little did they know, no one would come get them because they were too busy. 

The superheroes all began to make their way to the Eiffel tower, where they remembered Ladybug and Hawkmoth fighting, knowing yet hoping they'd find her with the two missing miraculous' and her injuries would be healed and they'd be ready to give a quick statement before going home. One by one, the heroes hugged one another and were more than prepared to celebrate Paris being free but where stopped when they all touched the ground. 

Their congrats and small celebrations quickly came to a halt when they heard sniffing and muffled sobbing. 

The first person to make contact with the concrete pavement was Wonder Woman, and she was also the first to notice one of her colleagues kneeling on the ground with a hunched back, looking down at something she couldn't see because the man was blocking it. But as soon as she moved closer, her eyes widened and she stopped in her tracks. 

Everyone else had been following behind her and stopped too when she didn't move forward. They had all heard the sniffing and when the found Abrielle trying her best to stay on her feet, crying like no tomorrow with both her hands covering her mouth to not make a sound, and two Kwami's trying to comfort her. 

Diana didn't know what to think, she was so confused, how did this happen? To get an answer, she sceptically walked forward in small steps and when she stood directly behind the Batman, she felt sick and looked away. She couldn't bare to look at the girl but something was urging her to look again, and when she did, she couldn't help but let out a small gasp at what she realised. 

Broken pieces of jewellery were surrounding the girl, some still on her body but some had fallen onto the ground she lay on and Diana knew exactly what that meant. 

The woman was speechless and walked towards Chloe who had been forced out of her transformation as her brooch magically broke all my itself, but she thinks she knows why just by looking at all the broken pieces of jewellery on the floor. Chloe's mind was blank, but one thing she did know was that Marinette wasn't alive anymore and she didn't know what she'd do now. 

Nightwing was the next to approach his adopted father, he had seen Chloe crying and tried his best not to assume the worst, but when he saw Diana react the way she did along with the fact that his mentor was kneeling over something and wasn't moving an inch made him swallow hard. 

He inched closer and when he saw that shade of midnight blue hair acting as a halo, blood seeping and coating the hair he loved when he was younger and still does. He saw the pale hand laying on the pavement, nails painted in the exact same shade he saw Marinette holding two days ago, also wearing the same colour cardigan he saw her wearing this morning. His breath came out jagged and he felt his knees buck, threatening to break as he attempted to stable himself, not wanting to seem weak but when he came just a step closer and saw her eyes open, he couldn't save himself from falling.