Chapter 8

⚠⚠⚠ (!!Warning!! Suicide, abuse, self-harm, swearing and bullying are mentioned throughout this chapter and I advise sensitive readers to be cautious reading ahead.) ⚠⚠⚠

Lots of love Abs xx

Not being able to sleep has always been a problem for Marinette, the Parisians screams as they die, the deaths of her team, resurrecting them all and to see them celebrate the Akumas defeat unbeknownst to what just happened. The destruction, the blood, the violence, the shouting, to everything.  It's the reason she isn't in bed sleeping like the rest of the country and is sketching on her hotel room sofa. 

The room sits still, all that can be heard was the sound of pencils grazing against paper, the sound somewhat calming. With a few final grazes, slim fingers turn over a parchment like page in a black book, embroidered with her initials in white on the fabric cover.

The sound of tapping is heard next, a rubber top tapping against a females chin. The sound of several colour pencils that sat on the sofa in a clear pencil case. The sounds are interrupted by a ringtone, nearly echoing throughout the room. She accepted the call without checking the ID, She couldn't be bothered, she was done with life at this point despite a little voice sitting in her subconscious, trying to convince her otherwise.

"Hmm?" She couldn't be asked to go full on with a greeting like usual despite her full awareness 

"Dupain-Cheng, why didn't you answer my call before? You made me so worried!" 

Despite knowing that Dupain-Cheng wasn't Marinette's actual name, the surname was still used. 

Her speaker on loud as the metal device was set on the sofa's arm rest. A light giggle escaped the bluenette's mouth hearing her best friend.

"I'm sorry Chloe but I was with my brothers and my phone was on silent." a sheepish smile painted on her lips even though the girl herself in the phone couldn't see her best friends face.

A light gasp was from the blonde "You met them! How was it after 6 years?! I need to know everything from the top, Go." her voice changed into a slightly authoritative one as the bluenette started the story of how the day started and ended.

"You should be sleeping now Chloe, I need to be up early tomorrow, got the whole day to myself." 

Sliding the phone back into her hand, the bluenette rose from her comfy position with her book and pencils in hand, heading to the night stand besides her bed. 

"Call me again and let me know how your day goes." Chloe's voice sounded with a tone of finality.

"You can call me too though." she pouted, flopping down on her bed, the mattress dipping slightly from the feather light body.

"Yeah, yeah, Good day to you my lady in spotted armour." Her blonde friends voice filled with amusement, she was definitely smirking.

"Good day to you too my lady in black and yellow strips." 

They shared a moment of laughter before simultaneously bidding each other off.

The two best friends shared a thing for lack of sleep but for different reasons. One from being traumatised and the other simply from having too much energy, a match made in heaven. 

*****

When Marinette woke up, the sun was fully 'shining', the sun shone but it wasn't the same brightness like the one in Paris. Walking to her suitcase, she picked up an outfit she prepared as she was listening to the kwami bickering.