Chapter 16

⚠⚠⚠ (!!Warning!! Suicide, abuse, self-harm, swearing and bullying are mentioned throughout this chapter and I advise sensitive readers to be cautious reading ahead.) ⚠⚠⚠

Lots of love Abs xx

It was now lunch time and they had toured roughly the bottom half of the building, it was definitely bigger than the class thought. Marinette was yet to fully trust Nino but sitting with him at lunch wouldn't hurt? She wouldn't be alone with just her brothers. 

Sitting in a chair, Nino sitting opposite. She wasn't actually going to eat but had a water bottle in hand while Nino bought a sandwich, the two ate in a comfortable silence and every now and then picking up small talk. It really wasn't all bad

As they began to converse once again, they were interrupted by an, Oh so loving girl. 

"I know that we're not on good terms but I thought if we want to be civil and good friends, the most I could do is offer you some food as a sort of peace offering." 

In Lila's hand, she held what looked like a normal chocolate chip cookie. Marinette had seen it when she was buying her water, but didn't find her appetite big enough to eat actual food. 

Taking the cookie from her hand very slowly, she inspected the muffin before suspiciously eyeing the girl who handed it to her.

"Thanks, I guess?" 

She couldn't forgive the liar for what she's done to her, all the mental and physical abuse could never be taken back and no matter what she did, Marinette would never forgive the Italian for as long as she lives. 

"Aw, it was no problem. Feel free whenever you want to return the favour." Lila was gone as quick as she came, leaving the two alone again. 

As soon as she was out of earshot, the two looked at each other, having a silent conversation with their eyes. Marinette talked first,

"That was too suspicious."

"I agree, knowing Lila she probably poisoned the poor cookie."

"I know what you mean." 

She stared back at the piece of biscuit sitting in her hand, spinning it and turning it upside down, inspecting it hard. Nino voiced his thoughts 

"Eat it, you've only had water and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't know where to buy poison or a person who sells that sort of stuff." Marinette hummed in reply agreeing with his statement

Taking the cookie out of the tissue, she broke it in half and held one half towards the boy who narrowed his eyes at it.

"Why are you giving it to me?"

Marinette scoffed.

"If it's poisoned, I'm not dying alone Nino."

 He laughed and took the cookie from her hand with no further objection. 

"If it's poisoned then I'll meet you in heaven Marinette." His sentence making her let out a genuine laugh at his comment.

"If we don't die then here's to a new friendship." she held the cookie in a motion similar to how you would with a champagne glass before saying cheers

"To a new friendship." 

The two cookies made quick contact following the motion of two glasses making contact after you say cheers, both of them laughing. 

Taking the first bite at the same time, it seemed fine, tasted like a normal chocolate chip cookie. 

She nearly swallowed before she saw her two brothers who were their tour guides entering the cafeteria where some of the employee's were having their lunch break. She waved them down with a slight smile on her face before she stopped.