Chapter 23

Their screams, they were full of nothing but pain and pure fright, it broke Marinette right then and there. No matter how hard she tried to block them out, its all she could hear and she had to make sure she didn't do anything rash. 

If she could, she would punch Hawkmoth's face so hard, his face would be permanently deformed and it would be stuck in an awkward position. She had no other desire than to kill him but that would make her a criminal, the Villain. She couldn't have that, not when she had a city to save. 

"Okay, let's get rid of Glaciator, along the way I have a plan that should get rid of Party Crasher and if we're lucky, maybe even Frozer."

She began to formulate a plan in her head, she couldn't use her lucky charm just yet because she needed that for later- if there was a later anyway. 

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop, she studied Paris. The broken and burning buildings, fires spouting from random corners, debris and ash flying and falling all around. Desperate cries from both young and adult echoed as children tried to find their parents, other in pain and attempting to run for their life.

Marinette's heart broke at the sight of a child running into his mothers arms after being separated by some debris and fire. She needed to make sure all the civilians were safe and not in harms way, she could heal them afterwards but the pain, it's not worth it. 

It took at least half an hour to make sure everyone was out of harms way, moving citizens from their hiding places and reuniting families that were broken apart. All making their way to the 'bunkers' the mayor had finally installed after much convincing when Hawkmoth became more powerful.

The bunkers was a place were everyone would hide when there was an akuma, it helped make sure no civilians were going to get hurt and were all safe till everything was handled by Ladybug. 

"Alright, we got rid of Gigantatium and Mr pigeon but they were easy." Ladybug bit her lip as she surveyed the area on the random rooftop she found, she stood with her hands on her knees as she was slightly out of breath from all the running and swinging.

Not to mention the fact that she was still covered in bruises from previous battles that she hadn't fully healed from and was still weak as she had only woken up mere hours ago. 

The horse and cat Kwami hovered next to the girl as they waited for what she said next, both on guard for any oncoming akuma's. Then, it was so out of context but something suddenly hit the young girl.

"I just realised, I pulled a Jason."

A small smile came onto her lips but disappeared straight away when she saw the faces of the two Gods. At their deadpanned expressions, she explained further.

"What?! I just realised it and I needed to announce it or else it would bother me for the rest of the fight!" 

"I have no idea what I'm going to do with you bug." Plagg shook his head to express his disappointment.

Marinette stood upright and her smile widened. "Oh come on, you can't lie but it is a little funny."

Just as he was going to reply something was thrown in her direction. 

It was inches away from her eyes but she caught it just in time before it poked out her eyeballs. Staring at the object in her hand, it looked a lot like a batarang.

She had seen her family use it hundreds of times and was more than familiar with the weapon but what made this different was the colour, it was dark brown. Only one akuma wore that colour and a weapon like that. Marinette whispered, 

"Dark owl."

A dark figure could be see running/flying/swinging, she wasn't sure what he was doing, was coming in her direction and by the shape of the silhouette, she could easily define who it was. Ladybug gulped.