Prologue

Before I start this story I would like to give everyone a heads up, this story may be confusing if you haven't read any DCxMLB crossovers before and believe me when I started out, it was definitely confusing. I hope you all enjoy this story! (The woman that's about to be mentioned is an OC of mine that's only going to be mentioned very briefly throughout the book. She's not mentioned in either DC or MLB) I also apologise in advance as I'm not fully educated with DC. 

--- May the story begin ---

It all started 17 years ago when a man and a woman met and dated, when people date they tend to do things together when they're in love and this lead to the birth of a baby girl called Marinette Martha Wayne. However, when this life was brought into the world, a life was taken and unfortunately, the babies mother lost her life during childbirth. 

This incident took a big toll on the babies father but he took a pledge to forever protect his daughter, even if it cost him his life. Raising her up wasn't easy but she had a brother who once he saw his sister for the first time also took an oath to protect her. Growing up together was delightful and eventually the family expanded with 3 adopted boys but no matter what, they were all treated as if they were blood. 

Eventually, his biological daughter found out about his nightly activities and learnt the basic self defence's, but this wasn't enough. One day, the girl didn't come back from her quick walk in the park with her friends and their parents causing some alarm, to be safe, her father went out to see where she was. The 10 year old girl was later on found in an alley being shouted at by some man who looked as of he was about to slap her, her father arriving just in time, wasted no time knocking the attacker unconscious before checking his baby, worried for what the man did; lucky all but verbal damage was done. This event was shaken off as a one time thing but to their misfortune, it happened again.

One day the young girl was waiting to be picked up from school but when Alfred, the family butler, came to pick her up she wasn't their. This caused alarm as the little girl wasn't the type to wonder off and knew the city by the back of her hand. The vigilantes went straight to work wanting their daughter and sister home without being hurt, but they were wrong. She was kidnapped by some drunk men who were going to do the unspeakable to her, but fortunately so far all they had done was hit her enough for there to be a big purple bruise on her cheek. 

When she was found by her oldest brother, he didn't hesitate to punch them as hard as he could and would've done more damage if not for the whimpering girl in the corner of the room. When the family was reunited with the girl she was nothing but traumatised from the nights events. Reality sunk in and her father realised that she would never be safe as long as she was his daughter and would always be targeted by his enemies for revenge. The family came to an agreement that she would stay with a family friend till a certain age and could come back, but when, wasn't certain just yet. 

The night of her departure was a definite sad one, no one wanting to leave the girl but knowing it was for the best, Mari also knowing she would be safer and wasn't putting her family in danger made the whole transition put her at some ease. Marinette Martha Wayne was now a 10 year old adopted by two bakers, she was now Marinette Dupain-Cheng. 

For 2 years everything was going smoothly and she would often call and the family nights were done over face time, visits weren't the most safe considering her cover and the press would get some scoop from the visit. On her 3rd year in Paris the girl was turning 12 but a butterfly man decided to enter the picture changing her life for the better or for the worst, she still doesn't know to this day. She was chosen to fight against this evil and boy did this mess up the whole reason as to why she was actually sent to Paris in the first place but by the Kwami was she glad she accepted her role as protector of Paris.

During her early years in Paris she developed things like friendships, partnerships and even a crush on a certain model boy but this all turned around with one girl by the name of Lila Rossi. The girl was the daughter of an Italian diplomat and was a true snake, who would do anything and everything to get what she wants and no one could get in her way. 

Following this girls arrival was the departure of Master Fu, the man had just started Marinette's guardian training but lost his memories after passing down the miracle box mid battle. This event led to a spiral of emotions and new responsibilities but these were never leaked outside her room. She even had to keep this secret from her family back home and one of their rules/code of conduct was to not keep secrets unless it was for a prank or a surprise but she could technically say it was because she has the whole worlds future in her hands.

This Lila girl turned Marinette's world upside down showing the true colours if all her classmates, none stayed by her side, not even her ex crush. The only one who stayed was Chloe, ironic yes but probably one of the only true friends she has ever had. True she had some support from Luka and Kagami who didn't believe the lying snake but they had constant busy schedules. The girls grew close and when the lies got to a certain extent, did the mental and physical abuse start. The class would shout at her and call her names for bullying Lila and hurting her, ruining her belongings while that's what they did to the bluenette in return. The scars began to deepen day by day and you would think being ladybug would help, 

Well you thought wrong.

There was an old legend where a true holder started to become one with the miraculous and that's what happened to Marinette. Like a ladybug she could go into hibernation if she was too cold and she was attracted to bugs, animals and nature, she also wouldn't heal during battles meaning the hits she received didn't heal even after her miraculous cure, one of the bad disadvantages of being a true holder.

Along with this legend was one that hadn't occurred in nearly a millennia, when there was a person who could wield all the miraculi without becoming corrupt and while being the guardian they would get these powers, she would be able to take away all the pain and memories of the akuma attacks from not only the civilians but the heroes she recruited which is exactly what she did; she didn't want her friends to become depressed. But while she took away the bad memories of people dying and Paris getting destroyed by the Akumas, she held herself up not being able to use this power on herself, watching her friends die in front of her and bring them back wasn't pleasant and scarred the teen for life.

No she wouldn't tell anyone what she was doing because that went against the reason she was doing this. Attack by attack she got worse and worse, both physically and mentally but only her and the kwamis knew of this.

By being one of the most powerful guardians there's been, each Kwami in the box had a sort of connection with the guardian. So when she was in danger they could feel it and her emotions and intentions were also detectable by them.

One day, a certain black Cat had to ruin it all and boy did this mess up the whole ordeal. He was about to make a BIG mistake, one that could never be forgiven.

1270 words
That's all for now, this is a lil sneak peek into what this story is going to be about and I hope I did enough to make you wanna stay and read on. I hope you enjoyed the prologue and see you lovelies soon.
Author out!!!✌