Bonus Chapter: Memories

Marinette, 2 weeks after birth

She won't stop crying at night, she'll cry, then when she sees her father she'll start to laugh.
The newborn cries, her hands wave around in the air, bluebell orbs staring at the tall figure looming over her crib.

"Hmmm." 

His eyes are bloodshot, it's going to take some time to get used to her unusual timetable that changes every other day. Her crying dies out catching the silhouette entering her room, transitioning into the cutest giggles a newborn can muster. The baby was as light as a feather, nothing the great batman couldn't do, he could hold her with one hand and have no troubles but that's where it changes in parenthood.

Her miniature hand latches onto his index finger, barely wrapping around it wholly, it was still hard to believe something so small could exist. The baby lays in his arms, blinks a few before giving off a goofy smile, her mouth opens and closes several times as if eating something. "Hmm, you hungry?" It wasn't really a question, she couldn't answer, yet her mouth continued with the action. 

"I suspect the little miss would like some milk?" Appearing in the doorway was Alfred, he walks so fast and quiet it's kinda scary. 

"Thank you Alfred." 

Taking the warm bottle into his hands, the babies eyes widen and immediately let go of her fathers finger, her giggles starting off again. Her laughs muffle with the nip of the bottle in her mouth, it was the cutest thing she had done since she was born, Bruce had to admit it.

Marinette, 4 1/2 months

The baby was now growing up and they couldn't be happier. They were all doing some sort of work, if it was homework, paperwork or just house chores. Minus the baby, she was sleeping away in her nursery.

The manor sat still, it had been a while since they were this productive. It was quiet, a bit too quiet for their liking; So someone decided to check on the littlest. Walking to the allocated room, no sound came, she had been napping for nearly 5 hours now, she was supposed to wake up an hour ago. It wasn't their fault, she always cried when she woke, it was worked as their reminder.

The door creaked open and instead of the spring sun shining through, the room was dimly lit due to the closed curtains. His daughter couldn't sleep with bright lights, only in the dark, something the two both had in common was they had a thing for the darkness. No babies snore was heard, no cries was heard, no laughter either. There sat in her white crib was a baby, sitting up a bit too straight for a baby, sucking her thumb.

Wait one second...

She was sitting up straight and sucking her thumb...

...She's never done that before...

Huh??!

The man standing in the door frame had to blink a few times to assure himself he wasn't seeing things, he wasn't.

"Marinette?" His voice was gentle and quiet, his daughter now recognised her name, she was one smart cookie. Her head moved to his direction, a big smile came at the speed of lightning, she loved him, lots. She started to make grabby hands, bouncing slightly seeing her father in the door frame while keeping her position. 

If your wondering why he's so shocked , it's because she had never sat up, she only just started to turn over and lay on her stomach. All their reactions to her rolling over was quite, entertaining. His daughter was just adorable, he couldn't help but smile at her gesture.

In his arms, her hands clapped against his cheeks, her smile brightening, her swollen gum showing. Her lips imitating a fishes mouth, opening and closing, opening and closing. Why was she so adorable? And she's only 4 1/2 months, what about when she's older?