Chapter - 32 : Pouring Hearts

"Mr. Chatterjee, I hope you are aware what you are talking about?" Ram was firm with his ask. Entire Maheshwari family along with Sengupta's were sitting in the study room behind closed door.

"Exactly, how can you put such sever allegations on my brother?" Sanskar enquired in disbelief but smirking inwardly.

"Ohh so now anyone can stand and put whatever allegations they want on our family and police would come to our doorstep. Did you forget we are Maheshwari's?" Divya joined keeping her head high.

Siddhant and Sahil were exchanging eye locks. Siddhant moved his gaze towards Sanskar who looked more relaxed than required. It was not a surprise for Siddhant that Sanskar was behind his son's miseries. 'Ofcourse he would knock down but whatever he did was least expected. This is his planning...saving Sahil would be way too difficult. Sanskar is not the person who would leave any loopholes in his planning's.' Siddhant clenched his fist tightly that his knuckles became white. 'I need to maintain calm or else he would suspect on me. I need to be in his clean books to bring Sahil out of this.'

"I understand Mr. Maheshwari, we are well aware about, on whom we are putting finger, but I want you to see her recorded confession. When Inspector went to take her statement, the moment, she took Mr. Sahil's name he informed me. Since this is about your family, we thought to inform you first." SP informed professionally and continued "As per procedure we need to take Mr. Sahil Sengupta with us for questioning."

Ram nodded his head in agreement. SP instructed, his junior to switch on the laptop which was connected with TV of study room.

"My name is Soniya Gupta, yesterday, I took overdoes of drugs, as I was disturbed and depressed with my life. Four years back, I came to Mumbai from Lucknow with the dream of making my name in Bollywood or TV Industry. I wanted to become model for which I did lot of hard work, but nothing was working out. I was getting work, but it was just small nothing like a breakthrough." Both family members were looking at the screen which was displaying one girl sitting on hospital bed and confessing her life story with teary eyes.

'Well done Roger' Sanskar typed message and hit send button smirking devilishly. He was sitting beside Swara who was looking at the screen with scrunched forehead.

"Then, I met ... with Sahil Sengupta through one of my friends two years back. She ... She was his bed mate. They were in physical relation and because of his status she had received lot of work in industry." Soniya confessed fidgeting her fingers, terror was clearly seen on her face.

"What the hell she is talking about?" Divya whisper yelled raising her hand towards screen. Ram and Sujata were thunderstruck with revelations, they shared brief eye lock and turned to screen to know further.

Siddhant rubbed his forehead closing his eyes in frustration. His son was on the verge of falling down from the cliff.

"Moms believe me this is all lie. I don't know what all she is talking about" Sahil came on his knees holding his mother's hand. Divya caressed his hairs with teary yet stunned eyes. Her attention moved back to screen when Soniya's wet voice hit her ear drum.

"Because of him only I started getting work in this industry and as well as recognitions. Within no time I reached on the top. Everything was going fine as there was win-win situation for both of us. I was satisfying his physical needs in return of his favor. It was Sahil who introduced me with one drug peddler. Initially I refused but then he convinced me and I being fool came in his words. I never realized when I started loving him. I knew about his addictions for one night stand and I was trying my best to fulfill all his needs being blind but still he used numerous girls for his satisfaction. I did not have issue as he was not at all serious about them." Soniya bowed her head in guilt. But by her each word roots of Maheshwari house was shaking and floor was slipping away from every member present in the study room.