Chapter - 16 : Wedding Bells

'They are destined to be together. They are soulmates. Let destiny decide their fate.' Acharya Ji's words were ringing in Sujata's ears from the moment she had seen their picture over the iPad. Events and encounters shared between Swara and Sanskar were making her belief strong on his words. 'If they are destined to be together, then I will not let them fall apart.' Sujata had decided before keeping marriage proposal in front of Ram and Anurag.

"Mom" Sanskar could only mumbled at his mother's sudden marriage proposal. He was awestruck with recent happenings, he looked at his mother with open mouth and shocked stricken face, same was condition of Swara. They turned their gaze towards each other to share brief eye lock which was broken by Swara. She turned her gaze towards the floor gulping hard.

For a moment Sanskar could not decipher why his heart was elated when his mother put the marriage proposal in front of them. 'She will be mine for forever' just the thought engulphed his existence with content feelings which reflected in his shining eyes.

Swara bit her lower lip to hide her unwanted blushing, she could not understand why she felt warmness on her cheeks and her heart have started beating with craziness. 

Ram and Anurag were fumbled with Sujata's unexpected proposal. They assumed; this was the easiest way to safeguard reputation of both families but at the same time they did not want to push their kids in this pious relation due abrupt situation.

"Sujata, what are you asking? I understand, we need to take immediate steps for controlling the situation, but we should also not believe on these baseless claims for deciding our children's life." Ram was the first one who broke the silence of the room.

"Baseless claims" Sujata folded her hands near her chest. She passed quick glance at Swara and Sanskar before sharing challenging eye lock towards Ram.

Ram looked at his son who had closed his eyes tightly and running his fingers from his hairs turning to other side. It was clearly visible from his expressions that 'This is not at all any media stunt.'

Anurag turned his gaze between Swara and Sanskar, his daughter was fidgeting her fingers with bowed head. He knew his daughter in and out. His daughter was fierce and confident girl who would counterattack with bang if someone tried to malign her character or reputation. She was not contradicting any claims made by Sujata means she was equally responsible for this scandal. But at the same time, he did not want to come to any conclusion without any talks with his daughter.

"Bhabhi, I need to talk to Shona" Anurag responded taking deep sigh.

"Sure Anurag. You have all rights to decide about Swara." Sujata agreed passing a soft assuring smile.

"Shona come with me to my room" Anurag asked in firm yet caring tone.

Swara nodded her head with thumping heartbeat and started following Anurag, but her eyes did not miss to take a glance of Sanskar, who was looking at her from his corner eyes, every now and then.

"Sanskar let's have detailed discussions" Ram demanded an explanation from his son with raised eyebrows and continued "I want you in my room immediately."

Ram passed stern look and left from Swara's room without giving any chance to his son to reply back. He was followed by Sujata and Sanskar.

"Ram please" Sujata said entering her room following her furious husband.

"Don't defend him Sujata. He needs to give me valid answers for his reckless behaviour with Ragini and also with Swara. He cannot take any decisions which would impact any girl's reputation. He agreed to marry Ragini we never forced him, and now he is with Swara. What am I supposed to understand?" Ram raging with anger, he could not believe his son would play with any girl's life so mercilessly. He was determined on his stand for detailed explanations. His belief over his son was shaken to the core.