Chapter - 42 : Karma is a Bitch

Sahil kept staring at Shekhar with wide open eyes in bewilderment.

"Dad betrayed you?" Sahil mumbled being confused.

Shekhar left his hold from Sahil's collar and then palmed his face slumping down on the nearby sofa.

"Tell me everything" Shekhar's terror filled voice boomed in the private room.

"That means she does not remember anything" Shekhar muttered to himself, leaving a deep sigh, when Sahil finished.

"That's what it's looks like" Sahil responded not moving his gaze from Shekhar's traumatised face, "but what do you mean you faced betrayal from my Dad?"

"You don't need to know everything" Shekhar barked at him with gritted teeth.

'How could I trust Siddhant? He told me that Reva died in an accident while shifting her to Panchgani. But no but she was alive. He kept it secret from me. Did he double cross me with Maheshwari's.? After all he is their family member.' Shekhar thought clenching his fist tightly.

"Shekhar Uncle, I don't care what happened between you and Dad in past. I want Dad to be out of this mess." Sahil stated firmly.

They both talked for some time to plan further to counterattack and then Sahil left for his penthouse.

Shekhar stayed back in private lounge remembering the day which changed everything. Even today after 20 years he remembered that day clearly. It was just one call about Divya's accident and entire Gadodia family rushed to the hospital.

Entire Maheshwari family were shaken up when doctors declared chances of Divya's survival are minimal. Driver of her car was declared died on the spot. Divya was taking breath but her pulse was dropping by every passing second.

Siddhant had went in his shell looking at his wife covered in blood. His hands were shaking when he signed consent form for operation. Hours later doctors declared about success of operation but doctors' statement about her disability to stand on her feet again left everyone in bewilderment.

It was night, when Sujata was forced to leave for home as kids were alone. She left with her inlaws who came back from Udaipur immediately after hearing news about their beloved daughter. Ram, Dev, Shekhar and Siddhant were still in hospital. Reva was in continuous touch with Sujata to know about Divya's health.

In mid of the night, Shekhar went to take coffee for all when he heard Siddhant's furious voice from isolated corner. He saw Siddhant holding one person's collar and was firing murderous glares to him.

"How dare you to come here?" Siddhant's words baffled Shekhar.

"Sir please leave him" Jaideep tried to control the situation.

"You are going underground, dare you come in limelight. I will bury you in your grave if I see your face again" Siddhant snapped.

"Give me my money. I will go away" Person replied holding his breath.

"You will get it. Tomorrow, Jaideep will send you location." Siddhant gritted his teeth.

'Who is he?' Shekhar thought and came back to his seat. Entire night his mind was wondering around the scene he witnessed. He found perfect opportunity to talk to Jaideep in isolation. He always received some negative vibes from Siddhant so to keep himself updated he planted Jaideep his long cousin around him.

"Who was that person?" Shekhar asked and Jaideep provided insights about Siddhant's involvement in Divya's accident which was planned for Ram and Sujata.