Chapter - 20 : First Step

'Anu, you are reading this letter means our Shona is married now. How was her wedding? I know you must have made it a big lavish event. She must have been looking like princess, the most beautiful bride. How is her groom? I know you would have chosen the best man for our Shona. She must be very happy. Me and Gargi always wanted to be with you on this big day. Is Gargi there with you two? I hope she is there. But I am with you in the form of my blessings. Give my love and wishes to our Shona.'

'I always wanted our alignment with Maheshwari's to rule over Indian Business. Whenever we tried to bring these two power houses together something or the other thing happen felling everything apart. But for my wish, I don't want Shona to force herself, I respect her feelings and her freedom to choose her life partner.'

Swara felt stream of tears reading her grandfathers letter. She was pulled in a bear hug by Anurag. They both cried over death of their family heads.

"I know Shona you are upset, as Sanskar would be holding the major stake. But Beta, I don't need to tell you how much competent he is for handling everything. His is brilliant as well as hardworking. He will be a perfect advisor for you to handle this business empire. And he is a family now. Your husband! After all, whatever we have is all belonged to you and him only. You both need to carry forward the legacy of these two families." Anurag explained caressing her hairs.

"Hmm Papa" Swara hummed against her father's chest leaving deep breath, 'Papa you are trusting wrong person but I cannot tell you as of now.'

"Shona, I think you need to go back to Maheshwari house now. You both are newlyweds, and the way you both have got married was not the usual way, Beta. I understand you need time to accept this relation but till what time you will be running away from him. He is your destination, you have to reach to him and for that you have to take step, in fact you both have to take steps towards each other." Anurag tried to convince with calm and composed tone.

"Papa, I am also thinking to go to Maheshwari House tomorrow. I will inform Sujata Aunty" Swara replied in calculative tone.

"Really that's great! Sanskar will be coming to pick you up right?" Anurag inquired casually.

"I don't know. He must be busy. So, I cannot guarantee." Swara replied shrugging her shoulder trying to find proper words.

"Shona you are his wife. He will surely take out his time for you if you order him" Anurag teased wiggling his eyebrows.

"Sure Papa" Swara mumbled bowing her head, she felt sudden warmness on her cheeks.

Anurag pressed his lips to supress his chuckle when her observed his daughter's failed attempts to hid her blushed face on mention of her rights over her husband.

When Swara returned back to her room she dialed Sujata's number from her mobile after much thought "Hello Sujata Aunty, how are you?"

"Swara Beta, I am good, how are you Beta?" Sujata asked beaming with happiness after hearing Swara's voice.

"Aunty, I am truly grateful for you for understanding and supporting me for my decision to stay at my house...I mean at Papa's house." Swara carefully broached the topic for their discussion after chatting about casual things.

"Swara Beta, I know you needed time. And keep one thing in your mind you are my daughter you don't need to thank me for anything" Sujata responded in motherly love.

"That's so sweet of you Aunty, I ... actually...I was thinking to come back home tomorrow" Swara informed carefully forming a sentence.

"Really! That's wonderful news Swara. You know how much I am missing you. Sanskar will come to pick you up" Swara could felt Sujata's cheerfulness from her bright tone.