Chapter - 18 : Enemy Within

Ram entered patio area joining his sister and best friend for his ginger tea after his morning walk along with his wife as per their daily routine. He saw his sister who was already present at patio dining table and was sipping her green tea but his best friend was still missing. Ram observed his sister her pale face and dark circles around her eyes revealed her sleepless night.

"Good morning Divya" Ram and Sujata wished her at the same time, but Divya was ignorant towards them. She kept herself occupied sipping her beverage and reading news from her iPad.

Sujata and Ram shared quick eye lock and shook their heads at her stubborn nature. They both took their seats glancing at her every now and then.

Sujata poured tea for herself and Ram in their cups while passing corner look at Divya. She was least bother about their presence and glances.

Sujata passed eye message to Ram to start their talks.

"Divya where is Siddhant?" Ram initiated their conversation with casual tone.

Sujata stared at her sister in law who was busy in her own world of ignorance. Sujata closed her eyes taking deep breath whereas Ram rolled his eyes in frustation.

"Divya, Ram is asking you something" Sujata mentioned in calm tone but looked like her voice missed to hit Divya's eardrums.

"Bhabhi, I am here." Siddhant took his chair and wished "Good Morning."

"Do you really think this morning is good? At least for me this is the worst morning ever." Divya sneered reply alarmed everyone about upcoming tussle.

"Sid, did you talk to Sahil? Did he pick your call? Where is he?" Ram asked earning Divya's furious gaze. He was well aware that his stubborn sister would not give any details about his nephew.

"Sid, some people perfectly act as they love our son as their own, but reality is exactly opposite right?" Divya's cynical comments were not new for rest Maheshwari family. She kept her iPad on dining table and passed smirky chuckle looking at her brother and sister in law.

"Divya, it's not the way what you think. We care for Sahil as well." Sujata strived to convince.

"Really Bhabhi?" Divya passed disbelief look followed with humorous laugh.

"Divya come on. Please calm down." Siddhant held his wife's palm with assurance. He was tired over the last night first searching whereabouts of his son and then handling his rigid and bolshie wife.

"Siddhant one sec. Divya please blurt out whatever you want right now. Let's end this topic here itself." Ram was straightforward with his ask.

"End this topic. Wow Bhai! Do you even realise this topic ruined my son's life? You should have seen him yesterday. But no, you were busy with preparations of your son's marriage with that characterless gi..." Divya spat out venomously.

"Divya Enough. Are you hearing yourself? Don't forget she is my daughter in law, and I will not listen a single word against her." Ram raised his voice on top of Divya's voice. He was furious, he pointed his finger at her, raising his eyebrows.

"Ram, please calm down. Divya please control your language. Don't forget she is Sanskar's wife now." Sujata persuaded looking at brother and sister who were passing death glares to each other.

"No Sujata, she is not even ready to listen anything." Ram aggravated, he turned towards his sister and continued callously, "How can you forget, till yesterday you, yourself was against this marriage. You did all drama just a month back to stop your son from this alliance and now when actually everything happened as per your wish you are still blaming Swara. I just don't get your point."