Chapter - 33 : Bitter Truth

"Ye..." Swara stopped abruptly. She bowed her head biting her lower lip. She gulped heavily to push back her unshed tears not understanding what to do. Her heart twisted with pain when her mind overpowered it.

Sanskar kept on staring at her not saying a word with dropped shoulders. For a moment he skipped his heart when her lips were stretched with content smile which disappeared in a moment covering her face with her anxiety. He raised his head to look at the stars in helplessness. He took deep breath while closing his eyes to gain his mental and emotional equilibrium. 'This is what I had expected...It's still long way to go' he shook his head lightly.

Swara moved towards him and pressed her cheek on his chest fisting his shirt in her hand. Sanskar felt her snuggle and lowered his head to look at her fragile figure.

"I ... I ... am ... I am scared Sanskar" Swara could hardly mumble against his chest.

Sanskar wrapped his arms around her petit figure, caressing her hairs.

"It's ok Swara" Sanskar responded trying to control his tears but tightening his hold around her.

"No, it's not ok Sanskar...I don't know...I... all my life I assumed that love makes you vulnerable. It is one's weakness and reason behind your downfall. It is like a slow poison which kills you every day. I have seen Papa dying each moment because of Mum...her" Swara sobbed against his chest. Her walls of beliefs were still strong yet Sanskar was successful to give them some cracks now a days.

Sanskar was sure about her reply, and over the days he was making himself mentally prepared for it. This was his time to clear her confusion between mind and heart.

"Swara look at me..." Sanskar cupped her face and made her look in his assured eyes. He took brief look of her face; he bent to kiss her forehead passing all his love and strength to her.

He continued with so much love while cupping her face and wiping her tears with his thumb, "I know sweetheart this would be your reply. I know you have your own insecurities; you have trust issues and I totally understand it. When a baby is born, he trusts his mother the most, based on his mother's trust on others he starts trusting his family but in your case it could not happen. And you have grown up in building walls around your heart to safeguard it. It is hard to break it in one go... for you or for anyone. So please don't cry. Give yourself time. Don't be so hard on your own self dear." Sanskar assured pouring his love in his words.

Swara kept on staring in his honest eyes, he looked like a man who was sure about his feelings, his relations and mostly his love for her. She felt blessed to be known as his better half. In that one moment she wanted to forget the world around her, she wished to bring every happiness down to his feet.

"Can we take our relation to next level? I want to be marked as yours ... only yours Sanskar. I want to fulfill our marriage. When I am ready for this then why are you reluctant? You said you love me then why not?" Swara asked innocently yet her voice was filled with confidence.

Her trust was the most important in this world for him and she did that which engulfed his heart with heartwarming feelings.

Over last couple of weeks Sanskar was well aware about her feelings for him. He knew she loved him from bottom of her heart. But due to her past she was feeling insecure to voice them out. Even today her insecurities were overpowering her feelings for him. He understood, he needed to assure her about their relation.

"You are mine Swara...only mine but the way you felt after hearing my confession. I want to experience the same rejoice hearing those three words from you. I love you Swara from core of my heart but when I will make love to you, I want you to feel my love while crossing every barrier between us but at the same time I also want to feel your love for me. That feeling will give me permission to make you mine in every sense. That moment should be memorable for both of us for rest of our life." Sanskar assured making her understand the true meaning of soulmates.