chapter 32 | In your eyes

"Just tell me, please. I'm not okay."

"I..." she stares into my eyes, biting her lips but behaving in a way she never did before. "I'm not asking you to give me an answer, or to tell me anything at all," she does not get to the point yet, increasing the amount of fright inside of me. "I...I'm pregnant, Jungkook."

My eyes do not blink or move, my head slightly turning as if I did not hear this well. The entire house remains soundless, my heart beating hard enough to be heard as her eyes are looking deep into mine.

"You what...?" I frown, believing that I misheard this. "Jungkook, I'm pregnant," she repeats. "That is why I'm feeling like that...I took a test two days ago because of nausea I had, the sickness in the morning, all those signs..."

"I...Ok...When do you want to go to the clinic? I'll come with you," the only sentence that I have on my mind leaves my mouth, but her reaction does not match with mine. She gazes at me without even saying a word, her eyes expressing some kind of sorrow or pain.

"Y/n," I lose my breath, feeling on the verge of collapsing. "I'm eighteen. I cannot have a baby. This must be a mistake, what if you're just sick? You caught a cold or something...We used protection when we did it. That is not possible," the thought of it does not get accepted in my mind. This cannot have happened.

No word runs out of her, her eyes turning glisten. "This maybe broke...I don't know...I did not expect it either, Jungkook..."

"Take another test, y/n," I shake my head and refuse to trust this first one, but she sighs. "I did. The answer was the same."

"No," I cannot calm myself down, the anxiousness taking over me and making me panic, facing a situation like this one for the first time in my life. "I'm too young. I do not know how to handle or take care of a baby. We have the right to not keep it anyway, right? When should we go to the clinic?"

She shows me the opposite of what I thought by moving her head from left to right, seeming like she's about to cry. "I'm not ready, y/n..." some crushing pain leaves me faint. "I mean..." I exhale, fearing to hurt her with my thoughtless words. "I don't know..."

"It's fine, Jungkook. I understand," she nods, lying to me. She does not mean her words, it's evident, she's about to cry. "You can...you can go home. You must need...some time...I guess..." she clears her throat and steps towards the door behind me, so I put my shoes on.

I turn around once she opens the door and grab my bag, but I set my eyes on her, wishing this could be a nightmare. I check up on her reaction but discern the pain I must have caused with my reaction. "Y/n...I'm just lost...I don't know what to do..."

"Don't worry," she fakes a smile. "I knew this would make you feel that way. This is...understandable. You have the right to feel like that. I'm sorry for putting you in this type of situation. I should...have thought twice and been more careful..."

I bite my lips but gulp down, hating the tension between us. "Go home, Jungkook," she steps aside, probably wanting me to leave so that she can cry without me next to her. I heave a sigh, glancing down, I step out but look back at her before she could close the door. "I love you...you did not misunderstand what I said, right?"

She shakes her head but holds the handle of the door, barely looking back into my eyes. "I love you too..." she closes it.

I go home without even waiting, not feeling good at all fearing the moment I'll step inside my house and face my family. I honestly do not feel ready, I did not even anticipate this, I thought she wanted to tell me that she would like to talk to my parents, to tell the director something, or that she isn't in a good state because of something serious, but no, that had nothing to do with those thoughts.