chapter 15 | Caring

He smiles but points at something, so I direct my eyes towards this interesting thing and feel my heart flutter as soon as I stumble upon the woman walking up to our sports teacher.

I look her up and down uncontrollably, loving the way her thighs move at each step of hers. I chew more slowly on my food, and she stops next to Mister Park to talk to him but look a bit worried. She only passed by us at some feet away, but the smell of her fragrance still reached us.

Why do I feel some sort of jealousy whenever she's close to another man, when she's not even my girlfriend?

"Imagine the wind blows hard, and her skirt flies up," Jaehyun fantasizes while I cannot stop staring at her and feeling my pulse hitting me hard everywhere. "Stop being a pervert," the smart one calms him down, and I eat the rest of my snack.

"Jungkook?!" the teacher suddenly calls my name, getting me to be a bit surprised. "Yes...?" I stand up and walk up to them as they must not have noticed me behind their back. My voice gets me to be heard but at the exact moment that Miss Han turns towards me, her gaze concerns me. "Jungkook, something happened, and you have to follow me to the nurse's office."

"W—What...? Why?" I lose my breath and feel anxious, fearing this could be related to my brother. "Your...your brother..." my heart stops beating at the sound of this answer. "He fainted during class, so we had to get him there, I need you to come with me."

"Is he okay?" my worry overcomes me and gets all my stress to rise at the speed of light. I follow her up to the inside of the building but feel on the verge of crying. "We're not sure, he's awake, so that's a good thing, however, he told me he's not feeling okay," her words don't reassure me at all but only worsen everything.

I don't control myself anymore but feel a wave of panic drown me, my hands already shaking from fright as I'm still trying to walk along her steps. I don't want him to be hurt, he was all fine earlier, what happened to him?

Wait a minute, now that I think about it he hasn't eaten all his food. He went back to school with almost the entirety of his sandwich but told me he would finish it while he would be with his friends. What if he lied to me?

Once we're there, she opens the door and goes in first to lead the way to the bed where he is. I hold my tears as much as I can to make sure I don't worry him even more, but she makes us arrive and opens the curtain separating each bed in here.

"Jungeun," my voice trembles and I move towards him, not believing that it is happening for real. His lips lack so much of color, I think I'm going to pass out, I can't stand this type of thing whenever it is about the ones I love. "Are you okay? What is happening?" I lean over him but brush some strands away from his sweaty forehead, hurt by the scene I'm witnessing.

"I wanna go home..." he breaks down into tears in front of me for the first time, tearing my heart apart and making it even more difficult for me to not cry. "Hey...tell me what is happening first, I'm scared, Jungeun..." I bite my lips but swallow, the tight knot in my throat growing. "I don't know..." his sobs instantly cause mine, the pain he feels affecting me as if I could feel it. "Are you hurt somewhere? Is your body in pain?" my tears don't roll down so I try to remain calm for him. "I'm tired...I feel weak..."

He's never been in such a state before, what the hell is he keeping to himself or hiding from me?

"Jungkook," Miss Han talks to me, but I turn around and see her placing a stool close to me. "Sit down on this, you'll be more comfortable," she kindly cares. I take it and sit down on it, getting back closer to my little brother and putting my hand on his. "Try to stay calm and relax here, okay? We're going to go home, but I want you to stay here a little bit. Have you eaten the rest of your sandwich at lunch?"