chapter 42 | Protective

30 minutes later...

The bottle now empty, Dongsik doesn't take the teat out of his mouth yet. He pays attention to the food as well, this one smelling terribly good and filling the whole house with delicious flavors. He speaks to the baby in a cute manner while kindly moving the bottle to take it away, but this adorable boy raises his hand up to the man's face and touches his chin while smiling, getting Dongsik to giggle but act even more childish for him. He turns his head to press a kiss on my baby's hand, and he gives a few pecks, some butterfly kisses, making him smile broadly.

"Kook," Jaehyun asks for me while playing, so I turn around. "What?"

"Explain to Minjun what you said you did to your dad on your little brother's birthday," he brings this forth when I almost forgot about it. "When we both pranked him?"

"Yeah," he smiles, probably remembering the events I described by texts. Minjun keeps his eyes on me to listen, resting his arm on the back of the sofa. "Did he kick you?" he giggles, but I shake my head, relieved to answer with a 'no'. "He was ready to throw his slipper at my face though because let me explain, my brother wanted to prank him because he got him to be scolded by my mom, and we both know our dad likes to play with our nerves when we act childish. So here, he asked me by text to prank him with y/n, so I explained to her what he wanted to do. She was a bit nervous because she's close to my dad, he really likes to pamper her and make sure she's fine and treated well—"

"Wait," he interrupts me. "How close?"

"Close like...I don't know, very close because my parents know her for a while already," I shrug without giving a clear answer, and I go on. "But anyway, she accepted when I told her he would not be mad since he's used to us doing that type of stuff. So we went to my house, and we waited for the right moment, I was pretending to be in a bad mood because I was tired and all, y/n was still pregnant so our nights were tough when she was sick, and that was the best timing. A little before eating the cake, we started the prank, y/n asked me to help her to serve the dishes while I was on my phone and that my dad was busy trying to turn a drone on that he bought for my little bro. If she didn't do it at that moment, my dad would have helped her, but she managed to get him to stay with my brother which I thought would be impossible. So she asked me for some help out loud, but I said I was playing a bit rudely, I didn't look at her, I was just focused on my phone, so she asked once more but always in a sweet manner like she does all the time, you know, it's even softer than when she asks to do something at school, it's like impossible to tell her no, and I was hurt to do that, but she was like 'It's just to put the dishes on the table, Jungkook,' in a little voice, so I pretended to be mad because of that, and I let out an 'I can't!' and I mumbled 'goddamned' right after—"

"Holy shit," he gapes, knowing my dad well and expecting something bad to be said. "What did your dad do?"

"He got fucking mad at me," I laugh but remember all of the things that happened afterward. "I wasn't looking at him, but I heard his scary voice asking me to repeat what I said, and I swear, when I looked at him, I felt my spine shake because of how serious he was. It's like the worst I could do in front of him because he does not accept that type of thing, and y/n was pregnant back then, which was worse because to him, a man has to be there for his woman all the time, he has to make sure she's not too exhausted, that she has what she needs and not have to deal with more pain than the pregnancy gives her. So there, I risked my life because I dared to answer, and my heart was fucking beating hard as ever, but I told him that she can do it because I have to finish my game."

"He believed you?" he raises his eyebrows, wondering how this was not obvious that we were pranking him. "Honestly, I thought he would see that I'm just acting because I love her more than anything and wouldn't do that, but the fact that I was playing, that I was supposedly tired, got it to work. So after I answered, he stood up, and that's when I regretted everything," I tell him everything as he's enjoying it. "He came up to me and snatched my phone out of my hands, but he came closer to talk in a low voice so that y/n wouldn't hear him, and he said 'You get up right now and help her before I make you regret what you're doing', but," I bite my lips. "My brother added something that was not planned, and he told him that he saw me ignore her earlier when she asked me to carry something. When my dad heard that and turned back at me, I swear I could see all the wrath in his eyes. He told me to go into my bedroom right away, but I huffed and said 'Fine! I'm gonna help her', and I went towards her, but he stopped me. He ordered me to go into my bedroom because that was too late, and I know that when he says that, either he's gonna have a talk or leave me there without anything to do. Since it was a prank, I went further and said in an angry way that it was fine now because I'm gonna put those stupid dishes on the table, but when I got next to her, he went towards us and literally got in-between us, I think he said something like 'What didn't you understand in what I told you?' but I felt like I should stop or else I would die, so I immediately laughed and told him it was a joke."