chapter 29 | Stutter

"Y—Yeah?" I clear my throat but correct my inappropriate answer. "I mean, yes."

"Can you wake up your tablemate?" she laughs softly, not even getting mad at him. I turn towards him and shake him up to bring him back to consciousness. He gets startled but opens his eyes. "Uh?"

"Try to sleep at night or take a nap after school, Ilseong," she does her best to speak with her voice, her throat probably aching. We did not even have sex since we first did it, so this is not for a good reason. "I have too much work to do, Miss Han..." he answers her with obvious tiredness.

"If you work without sleeping, this won't help you or your grades, you know," she gives him devices while getting ready for the lesson, showing how caring she is with others. "My head is aching, Ma'am. Does that mean I can rest now?" he attempts to twist her words, but she chuckles and puts her glasses on. "You always have good marks, so...yeah...take a nap if your head is aching, and take a painkiller, or this will still be there when you wake up."

"Really? I feel like you're joking and that I will receive punishment once I'm awake..." he doesn't believe in such a great gift, but she shakes her head. "I'm serious, I will give you a copy of the work we do during this class, and if you need some explanations, you come up to me, or we can have a lesson after school. Also, you know I don't give punishment unless someone is disrespectful."

"Okay, I'm not going to refuse then. Thank you, Miss Han, you're the best," he crosses his arms over the desk and rests his head on them to close his eyes. I cannot believe it. A teacher who allows a student to sleep during their lesson. First time this happens.

"All right, let's start," she toys with her pencil but gazes up at us. "Who wants to pronounce the first sentence?" she lowers the volume of her voice, saving it. I lift my hand in a shy manner but see other guys do it. However, I first catch her attention, and she picks me.

I'm happy.

•••

3:15 pm.

"Dongsik," I walk by his side while heading up to the classroom where Jaehyun and Minjun were. "Do you think y/n's going to give this asshole a private lesson?"

"Well...She's a good teacher, she will probably do it because that's her job, and she wants everyone to succeed," he does not reply with what I wanted him to, so I do not say anything. "But bro," he tucks his hands in his pockets and looks at me with a smirk on his face. "I swear, I know you're in love with this woman, but please, stop glaring at me each time I show my care."

"I don't glare at you..." I lie and do the same as he did to feel more comfortable, but I hear him laugh. "Are you kidding? Each time I make sure she's all right, you come at me and start to complain and tell me that you wanted to do it."

"I know you're just a manly guy, tall and all, who could get her anytime, while I'm a damn ridiculous baby with her," I finally admit it, but with bitterness, getting him to enjoy it and make fun of me. "Come on, stop it already. I'm not trying anything."

"Even when you don't try, you get it," I state the facts and sigh to show my frustration, and his arrogant side caused by a burst of ego goes out. "I know, some people are lucky, I'm sorry for you," he teases me to push me deeper into a hole of grief. He knows how attractive he is, he literally has everything a man needs to attract girls. The muscles, the height, the face, the behavior, and what's in his pants.

"Guys!" Jaehyun runs to us with way too much joy to be in a normal state. We both step back out of surprise, and he almost yells in the hallways to explain what happened. "Miss Han, she roasted a dude in the classroom—"