chapter 24 | Begging

Dongsik. Why isn't he by Jungkook's or Jaehyun's side?

"Y/n," Mister Park's hand brushes past my waist, so I look at him and focus on what the male teachers have to tell me. "Count all the boys here. Write the names on this," the rude one hands me a piece of paper, "And make sure they're all present,"  he orders me to do. I obey without complaining and walk up to the students.

"Guys, can I have your attention, please?" I try to be noticeable, and lucky for me, they stop talking loudly to listen to me. "I'm going to cite your name, so raise your hand once you hear it, okay?"

"Okay," some of them respond, and I start. One by one, I check the small box next to their name to confirm their presence, and I reduce the emptiness on the page. In short minutes, all of the forty-eight names are said, and none of the students is missing.

"Tha—"

"Ma'am," Jaehyuk interrupts me, never leaving me alone. "Yes, Jaehyuk?" I force myself to be attentive to his words, ignoring the fact that his best friend is laughing next to him as if he was about to do something inappropriate again. "Are we gonna have some free time outside?"

"Yes," I make it short, but he carries on. "So, I have the right to invite you to the restaurant and spend some time with you, am I wrong?"

"No, you're not wrong," I shake my head and hold the piece of paper with one hand. "But I also have the right to refuse. So no need to try," I stop him way before he could attempt to go further and some of the students chuckle, getting him to not like it. "Come on, ma'am. I'll pay for you, and you can eat whatever you want. I'll be a gentlema—"

"She's not your friend, she's your teacher," Mister Park voices out and helps me to feel a little less tense. I'm tired of standing this horny and disrespectful kid. "Yeah, Sir."

"Now, you all keep quiet and listen because we're going to guide you towards another place close-by. This will only be empty with a giant screen, just like a cinema, but without any seats, however, once we're there, you respect the rules and do not make any noise, you do not damage anything. The documentary we are going to—"

"We're not watching a movie?" one of them complains as Mister Park was explaining everything. "What did I just say a minute ago? You do not interrupt me, you listen," his authoritative side brings a smile to my face once I see the student apologize and remain focused. "The documentary is about this place, about your life and how different life is when you do not have all types of electronic stuff like your phone, computer, or more. So, as evident as it is, your phone will be taken before the documentary starts and kept in a box the whole weekend, but," he puts a condition as he already heard them all whine. "You will be allowed to text or call your family once in the morning, and before going to bed, okay?"

"I didn't sign up for this, Sir," a student does not keep his bother to himself, not liking the idea that I find more than beneficial. "Are you trying to torture us or kill us? We don't want to be like old people, we need our phones twenty-four hours a day."

"If you cannot stay just a few hours without your phone, you have a serious problem, boy. We're here to educate you and teach you how to live without wasting time in an unrelated world. Whether you like it or not, you will do as told because we're not here to do your a favor," his harsh words shut him up. "I'm pretty sure that some of you are smart enough to know that you can live happily, and maybe even more happily that way than if you're dived in your devices twenty-four hours a day. So this trip is going to teach you, show you how important is it to connect with nature."