chapter 3 | Treat

"Jungkook?" the woman I cannot stop thinking about smiles at me, my heart skips a beat, but I act cool and hide the gift as much as I can, "Oh...Miss Han...I didn't expect to see you here now..."

"Well," her soft laughter tingles me, but she stands up, revealing her black bodycon dress going down to her knees for her to always be so sexy but yet, so chic. "I should be the one wondering what you're doing here at this hour."

"I was...I was..." I clear my throat but feel nervous now that I'm here, in front of her. I was supposed to leave the gift on the empty table and then let it surprise her. "You were?" her stare remains fixed on me, taking her glasses off but putting them down on the desk. "I don't know..." a hiccup escapes me.

Please, not again. Not this damn problem that happens only when she gets too close to me and makes me extremely nervy.

My stupidity makes her laugh, but the sound of it reverberating through the room provokes a smile upon my face. "You can come in if you want," she steps towards me with her pumps but invites me to walk in. She closes the door behind me. I think I don't have another choice but to give her the gift in person right now.

"Miss Han..." I bite my lips but look at her into the eyes once she turns around, "Yes?" she doesn't stand on her spot but goes back to her desk, so I follow her, "Here..." I stretch my hand out to her to get the gift in her sight, but she drops her gaze onto it, wondering what I'm doing. "Th-" my hiccups embarrass me. "This is...for your birthday..." my ridiculous voice full of doubt and anxiousness fills the room, but a beam from her relieves me, and she takes the box.

"Jungkook..." what looks like content exudes from her, and she gazes up at me, "You didn't have to do this..." she half accepts this as I expected her to, but I smile timidly. "I just wanted to..." I scratch the back of my hand to ruffle my long hair but tuck my hand into one pocket of my jeans jacket right after. "Thank you very much for this, you're so sweet," she puts it down on the desk, but her eyes stay on the box as she must be reading the note I left, this thing causing her smile to never fade away.

"You can sit down here," she goes back on her chair, so I do the same and get at the desk facing hers, "You picked the best gift because I'm a fan of chocolate," she doesn't wait before opening the box but does it with delicacy, her pretty hands taking care of everything with the most care ever. "I'm glad you like it, Ma'am..." I put my bag on my lap to hug it nervously but watch her, hiccuping silently to not be caught.

She removes the top of the box to take a look inside but read what is written on a small piece of sheet that describes what the box contains. "How much did you pay for this?" she peeks at me, suddenly. "It was...twenty dollars because I couldn't pay more."

"Twenty dollars?" she expresses a lot of evident shock at my answer. "Jeon Jungkook...you should not do this. That is way too expensive, especially if it's for your teacher," she rises from her chair but hurts me with the bitter truth.

I do not like to be reminded of the facts. She is my teacher, but I don't care. She's a human to me, her professional figure will not change the way my heart beats whenever I see or think about her.

As soon as I notice her taking her wallet out, I speak out. "No, Ma'am. No need to do this, this is a gift so-" the money landing on the flat surface kindly cuts me off. "Here, this is the sweetest thing a student did for me, but I do not want you to waste your money on me," she shuts me up easily, but I don't take the money. She goes back on her chair to eat a chocolate but closes the box.

I went to a special chocolate shop just to make sure she would get the best ones so I will not be refunded as if I had paid nothing. Given what she just said, I'm the sweetest student since no one ever did something like that for her so those words are better than money.