chapter 40 | Caring

She runs her fingers through her hair that grew longer over time, and she takes her shoulder bag, before getting in front of the stroller and covering our baby's body with the small blanket more properly.

'YOUR P.O.V'

"Are you ready to go?" I ask him, hoping this walk will make him less moody. He nods to me, so I open the door and push the stroller to go out and let Jungkook follow me. I hand him the key to lock the door, and he closes, locks it, and gives me back the key so that I can put it in my bag. Once he's next to me, I go at a slow and kind pace towards the park nearby, looking at my little baby who makes my heart melt all the time.

I smile at the sight of him but set my eyes on Jungkook, hearing nothing but silence from him. He does not return the gaze, staring in front of him. "Are you okay?"

His attention drifts towards me, and he nods but lifts his hand up to rub his eyebrow arch, so I leave him alone and wait until we're there.

5 minutes later...

I sit down on a bench where the sun shines, and I place the stroller right before me to have my baby within sight, and Jungkook goes right by my side. I lean over the stroller to be closer to Mingi, and I undo the strap to pick him up.

"Honey," I smile and hold him, but once I draw him closer to me, I press a kiss on his cheek and cuddle him. I lean back to feel more comfortable, and I let him rest his body on my chest. However, Jungkook bends his body towards me and puts his head on my shoulder, not saying anything.

"Baby," I put my hand over his to hold it, not standing the way he hides something from me. "Why are you acting like that? I know you're not feeling well. Tell me, please."

"I'm not, I'm fine," he nearly promises me without looking into my eyes. "I just want to hug you...and get some kisses..." he makes it evident he's craving for some attention, and I press a kiss on the tip of his nose, getting him to raise his head up and look at me.

"On the lips," he asks, brushing his thumb over the back of my hand. I smile but press my lips onto his, and he asks for a longer one, leaning forth to maintain the contact between our skins. He slides his fingers away from mine but glides them up my inner forearm, and he stops it with a gentle peck. "I want you to hug me too..."

"I'll hug you once we're home," I figure out what is wrong, and give him one more kiss, feeling Mingi's tiny hand softly squeeze my skin while sucking on his pacifier. I place my hand on his head to fix his beanie, but Jungkook puts his arm behind me to skim his fingers over the back of my neck.

"By the way," I look back at him. "I'll have another training course tomorrow since school is over, you'll have to take care of him," I warn him, knowing this will be hard for him. "What? But I was supposed to spend some time with my best friends..."

I gaze at him, hoping for him to not be serious but knowing he still adjusted to this new life with our baby. "I mean..." he realizes by the look in my eyes that I wanted another reaction from him. "Okay...I'll take care of him, but this won't be long, right?"

"Like a day at school," I answer, feeling a bit disappointed but hoping for him to be okay with it and not be annoyed. "All right..." he removes his hand from me but bends his head back, so remain voiceless and focus on Mingi to rub his back. This is a relief to know he's calm, I feared that he would cry or scream.

However, Jungkook hasn't changed of behavior since Friday, since I came back from a training course.

/ flashback \