Tsukishima (pt10)

As I got into Mrs Yamaguchi's car for the second time, the atmosphere felt slightly different.

The first time, Yamaguchi would talk to me about strange things that he had encountered and his mother would occasionally chime in to add funny comments. But this time, it felt bleaker, as if the life had been sucked out of everyone.

Don't get me wrong, Yamaguchi still spoke, and his mother still made comments, but Kageyama's aura radiated darkness, gradually drowning everyone in a pool of emotional despair. Soon enough the car was silent, only the sound of Kumi Koda's voice was to be heard from the radio.

I looked ahead, to view Yamaguchi's expression, who was in the passenger seat, only to see him asleep. Through the corner of my eye I quickly glanced at Kageyama. He had his head hung downwards, as if tired, or defeated, yet he looked like he was in deep thought.
This was the same expression he wore earlier back at his house. It was frustrating not knowing what the cause of his silence was.

"Why so quiet?" I nudged him.
"Don't elbow me like that, yours are pointier than most" he complained.
"So childish.. What's wrong with you? You've been distant."

He made direct eye contact with me for a moment and hung his head back down to avoid my gaze before saying, "Nothing."
"You're bad at hiding your feelings."
"Oh just another thing I'm shitty at..." he murmured, quiet enough for only me to hear.
"Don't beat yourself up, I can do that so much better." I responded suggestively, tone as quiet as when Kageyama spoke to me.
He glanced at me and smirked before Yamaguchi turned around saying, "What are you guys whispering about?", making both of us smirk.

"Oh you're awake." I said, changing the topic.
"Isn't that Bokuto's house?" Kageyama added.
"Wow! His house looks so big and cool, no wonder he's throwing a party!" Yamaguchi gushed.

"Big houses are not an excuse for partying Tadashi!" Mrs Yamaguchi started, "Kageyama-kun, the boys are taking the train back to Miyagi as I can't pick them up. I assume you are going with them too?"
"Umm... yeah sure. I may aswell." Kageyama nodded.
"Please do tell your parents so they don't get worried, but I'm sure Tadashi and Kei will take very good care of you- won't you boys?!"
"Yeah!" Yamaguchi and I said simultaneously.
"It takes a while from Tokyo to Miyagi by train, over two hours, so let your parents know you'll be back late so they aren't expecting you for dinner okay?" Mrs Yamaguchi continued, speaking to Kageyama.

AN: i know tokyo to miyagi is actually like 5 hours but i'm making it shorter or the time frames won't make any sense💀💀
also, i know i wrote that the party was at 7 and they left kageyama's at 6:30 which makes NO SENSE so just pretend the party is at 4 and they left kageyama's at 2 AND that the journey by car is two hours and by train is 3 hours. pretty please? else they'll arrive at the party and instantly have to go home... thankyou😭

"Don't worry ma'am my parents won't care for what time I'm home" Kageyama responded.
"I wouldn't want you to miss your curfew!" Mrs Yamaguchi insisted.
"I don't have a curfew, I live alone." Kageyama stated.
"Okay well be safe boys, no funny business Tadashi!! I want you back at home by 2am okay?!"
"Yes mom I know." Yamaguchi sighed as we got out of the car.

We entered the home of Bokuto to be greeted by music loud enough to cause the walls to bounce and led lights which changed colour so fast that they could cause epilepsy.

"Hey HEY HEYYYY!" Bokutos voice boomed.
"Ahh it's the rest of the baby crows!" Kuroo said, emerging from the crowd of people.
"Hey guys! The others are here already?" Yamaguchi asked.
"Yeah all of Karasuno is here, I guess you guys were fashionably late." Lev said, appearing next to Bokuto.
"It's 4:21" Kageyama replied.
"Actually- we were about to play a gaaamee! Truth or dare upstairs! The more people the better!" Bokuto said, bouncing around like a child. He had clearly been drinking.
"I don't really like games-" I started before Kuroo said, "At least come upstairs and see the others who are playing!"
"Fine."

We followed the Russian, Rooster-head and.. well.. Bokuto upstairs to see a group of people sitting in a circle.
I knew most people and saw some people that I recognised from powerhouse volleyball schools. Members of Karasuno, Aoba Johsai, Shiratorizawa, Nekoma, Fukurodani, Date Tech and even Johenzji were in the room and twins that I recognised but couldn't place my finger on what school they went to, were also there.

AN: this is the room layout-

also, hisoka is NOT actually in the room but hes on the photo just for fun- literally👀✨anyways ON WITH THE STORY!

anyways ON WITH THE STORY!

I sat next to Kageyama and those twins and Yamaguchi said, "I think I'll sit this one out.." nervously, then walked to the end of the room near Sugawara and some other people.

"Oi Kenma! Come over here and sit down, we're starting the game!" Kuroo shouted.
"I'm playing a game." the setter stated.
"Please Kenmaa! You can sit next to me!" yelled the tangerine.

Momentarily, Kenma looked up from his game and at Hinata, then immediately grimaced upon seeing Lev.
"Do I have to?" he complained.
"Yes please!" Hinata responded.
"Finee.." he droned, sitting in between both boys in discomfort, before shuffling a little bit more to the left, creating a petty amount of distance between him and Lev.
"YAYYYY!" the tangerine cheered.
"I swear only you have the ability to do that." Kuroo said, scowling.
"Let truth or dare begin!" Bokuto yelled.