Tsukishima (pt16)

I walked back upstairs, sluggishly. I was too tired to function properly. The plan was to grab Kageyama, and go home.

"You looking for the setter?" Kuroo asked as soon as I got upstairs.
"Yeah." I nodded.
"He's in there," The older boy pointed, "found him sleeping."
"Thanks." I responded, letting out a slight sigh.

I opened the door of the room and saw Kageyama laying on the floor asleep. He looked peaceful.
Bottles of alcohol surrounded him, meaning he got drunk.

I crouched down to look at his face and it was wet with tears. Why was he crying? It was probably drunken emotions getting the best of him.

Kageyama never cries. Or at least I haven't seen it happen...

I brought out some pocket tissues and wiped his face, he looked kind of cute.
No. I can't be thinking this right now, we aren't even together, I just need to get him home.

I slid my arms beneath the setter's waist and lifted him up, carrying him bridal style.
"We're off." I nodded to Kuroo, who was leaning by the door.
"Who knew the blocker was STRONG strong? Say aye!!" The boy yelled to no one in particular.

Definitely still drunk.

I walked out of the house and immediately called for a cab. There was no way he can be seen in this state on a public train. People will probably think I drugged him...

He slept throughout the entire two hour ride so I had to pick him up and carry him to his house aswell. As I fumbled in his pockets for a house key, I pulled out a condom instead.
Was he gonna use that on-
No. No time for these thoughts.

Finally finding his house key I unlocked the door and walked into the rooms, trying to identify which one was his. Despite Kageyama living on his own, there was five bedrooms in his house. Soon enough I walked into a room filled with volleyball posters. This is most definitely his.

I laid him upon the bed and scanned his face. Still asleep. Turning off the light, I turned around to take my leave when Kageyama's voice instantly said, "Tsukishima"
"Yeah?"
"Stay with me."

I froze in my tracks and turned around to face him.
"Okay..." I responded hesitantly.
I pulled out a chair and was about to sit down when he said, "Lay with me."

"Who knew the King was so needy?" I asked him, mockingly.
Silence.
I kicked my shoes off and laid on my back leaving a fair amount of distance between us. I wasn't planning to do anything with him now. He was wasted.

Kageyama finally turned and laid on his side, facing me. There were tears in his eyes, threatening to overflow.

"What are you upset for?" I asked rather bluntly.
"I've let the team down. Again." he whispered quietly, avoiding eye contact with me.
"How so?"
Silence.

I wiped the singular tear that fell down his cheek with my thumb and he looked at me again.
"Hinata doesn't trust me." he finally replied before laying on his back and looking at the ceiling.
"Why wouldn't he? Because of that tiny argument on Friday?"
He didn't respond. Something else probably happened at the party before I found him. But he clearly doesn't want to talk about it.

I sighed and faced the ceiling aswell. There was no point in pressing him to tell me- it's not like we were a couple or anything...

I got up and said, "Where's your bathroom?"
"There's one across the hall." he replied quietly, he sounded pretty tired, I'll probably leave soon.

I walked out of Kageyama's room and closed the door. I didn't actually need to use the bathroom, just needed to think. Upon finding the bathroom, I shut the door and leaned against it.
Should I ask Hinata what happened between him and Kageyama?
No. It's none of my business. If Kageyama wanted to tell me he could've told me directly- we're literally alone right now.

I spotted a number of pill bottles scattered around the bathroom. His full name, Kageyama Tobio, was scrawled all over each bottle I looked at. Prescribed pills?

I looked closer, squinting my eyes for a pill name.
Alprazolam.
That's Xanax. It's used for panic disorders and anxiety attacks...
Kageyama has anxiety?

I saw a different name on another bottle.
Sertraline.
An antidepressant...
I put the bottles in their original places and backed away. I shouldn't have seen that.

After a few minutes I flushed the unused toilet and turned on the tap. Then I walked out, making my way back to Kageyama's room.

He was sleeping. The setter had taken his shirt and jeans off whilst I was gone, they were on the edge of the bed. He had the duvet covering him up to his ears, which were tinted slightly pink.

He looked so vulnerable... too vulnerable. I slipped on my shoes and reached into my pocket to grab my phone. It wasn't there. It must have fallen out of my pocket onto Kageyama's bed whilst I was laying down.

I slightly lifted up the duvet and instantly spotted my phone, but before putting the duvet back down, I noticed scars on Kageyama's back and waist. Despite being quite faint, their light crimson shade was still visible. They stopped just before his neck, trailed all the way down past his shoulders, down his spine and got fainter by his torso. How did they get there?

Kageyama shifted in his sleep and I immediately dropped his duvet. I shouldn't have seen that either.
I slipped my phone into my jacket pocket and walked straight out of the room, shutting the door lightly behind me.

I can't be here...