Kageyama (pt7)

We lost the match against Seijoh.
We didn't win a single set.

"You weren't much competition, as expected." the light-brown haired setter said to me through the net, sneering.
"Shut up."
"Why didn't you send any balls to the chibi? He might've given your team an extra point or so."

I stared at him dead in the eyes.
It's not like I didn't set to Hinata. Everytime I did, he missed or got blocked.
He had multiple chances and he wasn't good enough.

"So you aren't going to answer me?" the setter lightly chuckled.
"He wasn't good enough." I stated before walking away.

Hinata POV

Kageyama and the Great King were still talking so I felt like I shouldn't go and interrupt; Kageyama was probably still annoyed that we lost even though he was trying not to show it.

I could only hear small parts of their conversation which was unfortunate but it was so cool that Kageyama got to talk to the Great King!!

"Why didn't you send any balls to the chibi?" I heard the Great King ask Kageyama.

I was wondering this too.
Kageyama didn't really acknowledge me the entire match, he set to Asahi and Tanaka a lot more than me. I hadn't spoken to him properly since maths class earlier in the day.

I decided to get closer until I was almost passing behind them before hearing Kageyama say, "He wasn't good enough."

-
Hinata stopped in his tracks and felt his teammates words penetrate into his skin.
The words "He wasn't good enough" kept ringing in his head, burying him in a trance-like state until Oikawa spoke up saying, "Watch what you say about your friend when he's behind you." before chuckling and walking over to Iwaizumi.

"What do you mean I wasn't good enough, I was trying really hard!" the orange haired boy confronted the taller boy.
"Not hard enough." Kageyama said condescendingly.
"But I tried really hard! You just stopped setting to me as if I wasn't even there!" Hinata said, his eyes glistening with tears.
"You barely spiked any balls in the first place so why would I keep sending more balls to a failure?" Kageyama scowled, raising his voice.

Hinata stood there, not knowing what to say, tears brimming in his eyes that he refused to allow escape, "Why are you so mad at me?!" He asked.
"You're a liar!" Kageyama yelled, catching the attention of both teams now.
"I didn't lie about anything! If I did, I didn't mean to!" Hinata said, with a few tears streaming down his face.

Kageyama took a step towards the smaller boy until their chests were almost touching and said, "Why would you lie and then act oblivious? You know exactly what you did earlier! You're a shitty person and a shitty player."

The orange-haired boy took a step backwards and turned around, running out of the gym. Almost instantly, Nishinoya and Tanaka went after him.

"That wasn't cool Kageyama." Tanaka said as he went past.
"Why did you do that to him? It doesn't make you look any better by the way." Daichi scolded as the other Karasuno members began to surround Kageyama.
"What's the problem Kageyama? I know we're all feeling the pressure from losing but it's a practice match- we deduce what we aren't doing well at and practice to improve." Sugawara said calmly.

Kageyama walked away as soon as it looked like Asahi was about to say something, he'd had enough talking to and didn't want to hear it.

Shortly after sitting down on a bench with a towel draped around his neck another one of his teammates had come up to him- probably another lecture.

"So you aren't even going to look at me?" a voice asked.
It was Tsukishima.
"It's his fault for being stupid and not being able to play for shit." the raven-haired boy stated expressionlessly.
Sitting down beside him, the blonde boy chuckled and said, "That's not why you were mad though."
"He's a piece of shit."
"Why?" Tsukki pressed.
"He was the one that wrote the note pretending to be you."
"How do you know that?"
"I just do.. He was all smiley and chirpy when he gave it to me" Kageyama said, thinking about how the orange-haired boy's approach was.
"That's how he always is though." Tsukki said simply.
"Doesn't mean it wasn't him."
"Doesn't mean it was him. The kid thinks of you as his rival yet adores you- why would he do that?"

That actually made sense, Hinata had no reason to set up Kageyama, he probably didn't even know what douching before gay sex was..

"Oh fuck..." the setter stated, with regret laced so tightly over those two simple words.
"Oh fuck indeed." the blonde nodded, getting up from the bench and walking off.