Chapter 36

[Unedited]

*

"The blood mark?"

Yoongi's question pulled Sumi out of her thoughts, and she blinked at them, eyes still unfocused and a frown on her face. 

"No...I-" Sumi shook her head. "It's nothing." 

"It's something-" Yoongi wasn't going to let this go, and neither was Namjoon.

The myth hid it well, how much those words, that question affected her - the slight tremble in her otherwise steady hand, stiffening of her body, a twitch of the eye, the signs were subtle, but there.

Namjoon saw it all, and knew he had to change Sumi's mind. If there was a way to save Nora, they needed to start working on it right now.

"Please tell us, Sumi-ssi." He kept his voice soft, pleading to the other myth for information. 

At this point, Namjoon was ready to do whatever was asked of him, if only it could get Nora to heal faster.

"I can't tell you anything. I'm sorry-" Sumi's eyes were fixed on Nora's sleeping face. "I made a promise to her."

"Then you need to break that promise-"

"H-Hyung?" The harsh tone surprised Namjoon. He had never heard Yoongi use that voice on anyone before.

"Namjoon-ah, do you want to help the girl or not?" Yoongi was never rude to others. Namjoon already knew this, and one look at his hyung told him as much. They both just wanted to be of some help to the injured myth before her condition worsened. 

But it still threw him off guard, at the sudden change of behavior from his hyung.

"I can't-" Sumi shook her head. "She will hate me for breaking our promise-"

"What if she doesn't wake up?" Yoongi asked, startling Sumi with his question. He had her full attention now.

"What if, no matter what you did, Nora-ssi doesn't wake up? And we end up losing her, just because you refused to share her secret with us?"

"Would you be able to forgive yourself?"

"No...but I-" Sumi squeezed her eyes shut, and covered her ears, as if she could drown out Yoongi's words.

"But I promised-"

"Nora doesn't have to know about it." Yoongi said, his voice softer this time.

"What?"

"She doesn't have to know about what happened in this room, or that you broke the promise." Yoongi whispered, and Sumi's eyes widened with surprise.

"We know how to guard a secret, Sumi-ssi. Nora won't know, unless one of us tells her."

"Right, Namjoon-ah?" Yoongi turned to him, and for the first time since meeting Nora, the younger saw a hint of sadness on his hyung's face.

Keeping secrets was a part of their lives. 

Namjoon and Yoongi, and the other boys were great at hiding their private selves from the media. They were experts in building walls around their public image, using it as a shield to protect their true selves. They lead double lives, so that nothing spilled over. 

And adding another secret to their existing list was no big deal.

But...keeping the existence of myths, a secret from the band members, that was the hard part.