Chapter 38

**

Because the guilt of being responsible for Nora's state, it was too much to handle for his poor heart.

He-

"Rapmon hyung?"

Only one person called him by that name.

Namjoon looked up at the familiar pair of doe eyes.

Jungkook was standing in front of him. "Rapmon hyung what's wrong?"

The younger pulled him to the side, getting a raised eyebrow from Hoseok who was standing at the other corner. But he didn't question their actions, and went back to practicing their new choreography.

" What do you mean Jungkook-ah?" Namjoon already knew what the maknae was going to say.

If he was being honest, Namjoon was a bit surprised to see Jungkook by his side.

He had expected Jimin to notice his odd behavior, instead of the youngest.

Between the three maknae, Jimin was usually the one, who could point out the change, in under a minute. Namjoon had even jokingly called him a grandpa, because of the way he spoke at times, wise and sounding like an old soul trapped in a young body.

Jimin always managed to magically appear beside Namjoon, when his mood was sour, and when he struggled to believe in himself, in his abilities as a band member and rapper.

Being the leader of a world famous boyband was no easy feat, and his members knew this, and tried to comfort him. But only Jimin came close to voicing the right words, and giving the kind of comfort Namjoon sought.

 This time though, it was the youngest one who had noticed the glitch in their behavior.

"You are not yourself today, hyung. What happened?"

"Nothing." Namjoon shrugged and avoided meeting Jungkook's eyes. "Nothing happened."

"You and Yoongi hyung as well...you both are acting weird."

"Nothing-"

"Just tell me what's on your mind, hyung. And don't try to lie. I'll know-." He crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Namjoon.

'Angry bunny' - the words popped in Namjoon's head and he couldn't help but chuckle.

Many of the ARMYs lovingly referred to Jungkook as the cool bunny, and Namjoon found it adorable and hilarious at the same time. And right now, their maknae really looked the part - a cute, but furious bunny.

"Why are you laughing?" It was supposed to sound like a threat, but came out as a whine, and just like that Namjoon knew Jungkook wasn't really mad about him hiding things from the younger.

"Is it-" Jungkook paused, and quickly glanced over his shoulder, making sure no one was listening in on them.

"Is it about h-her?" Jungkook asked in a whisper.

"Is it about Nora? Did something happen to her?"

The brief few seconds of happiness, Namjoon had felt at the thought of cute 'bunny' Jungkookie, disappeared, and was replaced with a suffocating cloud of guilt.

"M-Maybe-"

"C'mon hyung, please just spit it out." Jungkook let out a soft groan. "I don't want to be kept in the dark like before."

"Me and-" Jungkook's eyes flickered to the side, where Taehyung was sitting on the floor crossed-legged, and eyes closed. The back of his pale grey sweatshirt was drenched with sweat.