Chapter 40

[Unedited]

**

"It's not a joke."

Yoongi knew he was taking a huge risk, introducing Sumi to Jin, at this crucial moment, when he wasn't even done explaining their current situation to elder.  

His plan could backfire, and send Jin back to square one, back to him think Yoongi was still hiding some faceless girlfriend from him.

He might ignore Sumi's existence altogether, for that matter. 

Still, seeing Jin back away, his face pale and eyes clouded with denial, seeing how afraid he was of accepting their new reality, was worse then having a surprise meet-and-greet with the second myth. 

Yoongi trusted the elder to retain some form of rationality, some sense of composure, upon seeing Sumi, because he already knew about myths.

Namjoon had given the six of them a crash course on myths, on their powers and possible sightings, years ago, when his curiosity took on the form of a manic need to search, and research and obsess over these creatures.

"What the hell?!" Jin let out a shriek and fell upon the bed, trying to get away from the new person in Yoongi's room.

Okay...maybe he had miscalculated it, Yoongi thought belatedly, as he watched Jin stare at Sumi with something close to fear on his face.

The door to his room banged open, and two familiar, worried faces rushed inside.

"Hyung? What happen-" Namjoon stopped mid-sentence, once he got a good look at Sumi, and Jin.

Jungkook started to reach for Jin, but Namjoon pulled him back, with a soft, "Wait." 

He then turned to find Yoongi, leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his chest. He shook his head, letting Namjoon know not to interfere, and the younger got the hint. 

He pulled Jungkook to the other corner of the room, a few spaces away from Yoongi, and there they stood in silence, waiting for Jin to accept the inevitable truth.

"It's not a joke." Sumi repeated, taking slow steps towards Jin.

Her eyes were fixed on the elder, her face giving away nothing, except for her lips which were pressed together in a thin line. 

"Sh...sh-"

"G-go a-away!"

"N-No...d-don't come any closer! I'm warning you-"

Jin was close to losing it, and the sight made Yoongi's heart ache.

"S-Stop!"

"Stop right there! I said!" Jin shouted, and Sumi paused in her steps.

She glanced over at Yoongi, one eyebrow raised in question.

He wasn't sure what to make of it, but Yoongi guessed that Sumi was looking for confirmation from him. He gave her a small nod, and Sumi's lips twitched - the barest of movement, as if she was trying not to smile and failing.

Was this her way of reassuring him? Yoongi wondered. 

Maybe the second myth wanted to smile and ease Yoongi's worries, but stopped herself from doing so because of the elder.

Jin was still staring at Sumi, mouth half-open, lips trembling and his hands making the shoo-ing motion, as if that would keep Sumi away from him. 

"I'll stay here." Sumi said to Jin. "You don't have to be so scared." She pointed at his hands and then at her face.

"Trust me."