Chapter 22

*

"Rapmon hung...are you...are you drunk?" Jungkook asked.  

The three of them were sitting in a circle on the bed, and the strange girl, Nora, had taken to curling up on the armchair beside it, watching their exchange in silence.

Namjoon groaned and pulled at his hair, before he looked up and glared at Jungkook. "Jungkookie? Did you listen to a word I said?"

"Yes, but-"

"You know better then the others, how I get when I'm drunk."

Jungkook gave a slow nod. It was true, that he was the only one who could handle Namjoon hyung when he got drunk. His hyung had a habit of stumbling and falling all over the place, when he was drunk.

And Jungkook was the only one strong enough to handle his weight - all flailing long limbs, loud laughter and swaying body, and drag him to his bedroom, once everyone had gone to bed.

"I'm not drunk." Namjoon said, voice serious and eyes watching him closely. "I haven't even been near anything remotely alcoholic, since this...since this incident."

"Fine-" It wasn't like Jungkook actually thought his hyung was drunk. He just needed something to put the blame on, because this new information they had dumped on him, it was beyond anything he had imagined, when he was pulled into Namjoonie hyung's room.

He had thought his hyung had finally started dating someone, and kept it a secret from them all. But then, those wounds, on the girl, Nora, didn't match with the story in his head, and Jungkook had become more confused.

Now though-

"This is just...it's just not possible-" Jungkook glanced at the girl, Nora, who was staring at her feet and then back at his two hyungs.

How could they expect him to understand this thing...this fairytale involving myths? It was a childhood story, every kid had heard growing up, but knew it was a lie, when they reached of age.

How can he accept that...that one of those fabled myths was actually sitting just a feet away from him, in the tiny body of a girl? It was like telling someone, Santa Claus was real, and had decided to pay him a visit after all these years of hiding.

It was something that dreams were made of, but in the end, one woke up from them and returned to their reality.

If humans were to cross that fine line between the dreams and their real life, they were announced to the world as the mentally unstable? Lunatics that needed to be locked behind padded white rooms. So-

So why were his hyungs speaking like those mad men? Why did they believe this girl was a myth?

Jungkook had only ever known about myths from his Rapmon hyung, and he respected his decision to continue researching on these myths and their tales and origins.

The maknae never had a problem with it before. Namjoon hyung was never one to force his opinions on others, and didn't tell the others to believe in myths like he did.

This was how the seven of them worked, as a team, respecting others decisions and choices.

Now though, Namjoon hyung and even Taehyungie hyung were dragging him into this...this fantasy world, that was best suited for children books.

Namjoon had told him about the attack on them during their concert, and how Nora had saved them. His hyung had gone to great lengths to explain how Nora had gotten injured while she was saving them. And how, they still needed her protection, until the danger of the-