Chapter 14

*

"Just...trust me, okay?" She had told Namjoon, and the guy had believed her.

But if she was being honest, Nora knew she couldn't pull it off. She couldn't trick Mr. Lee into believing she was still Mr. Worth, if the meeting lasted more then two minutes.

Two minutes - that was how long she could hold her form in front of other humans, without the sight wavering for them, before everything went to hell.

It wasn't that she had been too confident in her healing abilities, in her body or shifter powers. It was the question of what other choice did they have?

How was Namjoon going to hide a whole stranger, under his wing, and manage to slip past thirty something guards, without anyone noticing? It was impossible.

It had to be her, and nobody else.

Nora took slow steps in the general direction of the backstage rooms, squinting at her surroundings.

On any given day, her eyesight was great - 20/20 vision. But right now, with the loss of blood and her injuries, she was barely keeping it together.

What was worse? She was going back to the place from where she had managed to escape.

She was going back to the exit near the stage, where Nora had stood, inspecting the area and spotted the Furie for the first time.

If she had enough strength, Nora would have laughed at her odds.

How was she going to pull this off?

No, Nora shook her head. She had to keep going, she couldn't doubt her capabilities now.

Taking a deep breath, and counting to ten, Nora slowly exhaled, all the time scanning the area for Mr. Lee.

She moved closer to the barricades, and the door leading to the left-side entrance of the backstage. She recognized some of the staff standing nearby. They bowed to her, and some greeted her, as Nora walked up to them.

"Has any of you seen, Mr. Lee?" she asked the girls wearing the 'BTS Crew' t-shirt.

Nora never had problems learning the names of their staff. But whenever the on-location staff was hired, especially while the boys were on tours or doing a collaboration with another brand or label, it was hard to keep track of the new faces, and their names.

"I saw him heading towards the parking lot." one of the girls said.

If Nora hadn't been so weak, she would have groaned, probably let out a frustrated scream, even. Out of all the places to be, Mr. Lee had chosen the parking lot.

She didn't bother asking, why Mr. Lee had gone there before the boys. It didn't matter. She had to get there, before him. There was no time to waste.

Taehyung was waiting for them in the parking lot, and if Mr. Lee happened to see him, their plan would most definitely fail.

It wasn't that Nora doubted Taehyung's ability to fool others with his straight-face lies. The second youngest of the group was a great actor. He could bluff his way out of the situation, if someone else discovered him before Nora, and Namjoon. Mr. Lee on the other hand, knew where to look, knew to pick on signs, when Tae was bluffing.

Taehyung couldn't fool Mr. Lee, no matter how good his skill-set was.

The clock was ticking, and Nora knew her body was going to fail her soon.

She half ran, half dragged herself to the entrance, opposite to the stage, at the far right-end side.

Her legs burned from overexertion, and Nora could feel the pain in her leg growing. Her wounds hadn't started bleeding yet, but they would be, soon. The struggle to not seem suspicion and at the same time, do a quick search for Mr. Lee, was proving to be difficult.