Chapter 32

*

"I want to know everything." Yoongi had said. 

Nora knew better.

The band member wasn't ready to know everything, just yet.

He might have been curious, and somewhat suspicious even, of Nora, of her identity and the secrets she and Namjoon had kept from Yoongi.

Still, Yoongi could only know what was needed.

Nora was in no position to spill her side of secrets.

There were rules kept in place by the authorities, for guardians like her, and punishments executed for those who didn't follow.

If there was a need to reveal herself, and let the human know of her identity as their guardian, in order to save them from harm, Nora could do so...but there was a catch.

She needed to report back, and submit a request to her handler - another guardian, her superior, lent to her by the Council. The purpose of giving her a handler this time, was to lessen the burden of having to travel to the headquarters in cases of emergency.

This handler was the one, who had called in her help to guard the boys.

Did he know about the Furie? Nora wondered.

Since he was the one who gave her assignments, and called in reinforcements if Nora pleaded hard enough, he should be aware of the BTS situation...no?

Was that why he had asked for Nora to guard the boys?

She had no idea, and maybe, even if she asked about it, Nora would never know the truth.

As far as her handler, Gerard, was concerned, he barely ever talked to her about things other then how many rules she had broken in the last assignment.

It was usually something minor...until now.

The thing is, Nora had planned on informing Sumi about her situation, and letting her report it instead.

But the myth never got a chance to do so.

What with the second Furie running around the building, and in close proximity with the boys, Nora had acted without much thought. She had chased the Furie to the rooftop, dealt with it, and then came back to clean up the blood.

How was she to know that Yoongi would find her there?

And now, another person was going to get added to the list of people Nora had revealed herself to.

It didn't make her work any easier.

Still, there was time for her to send in the report to her handler and make amends. Nora would never risk getting punished by the authorities, not when she could avoid it.

Nora wasn't one of those idiots, who tried bending the rules to their will, see how far they could go, before getting caught by the Council.

She had personally known one such guardian, before she met the boys.

Nora had seen first-hand what happened to guardians who crossed the line.

To fall in love with one's charge, to develop feelings for the person they were supposed to only protect - it was a taboo for them, guardians.

If someone was caught doing the impossible, it led to immediate dismissal of the guardian, their duties handed over to another, and they were stripped off of their powers, and thrown into the Pit.

Nora didn't know what the place was exactly.

Some said, it was a world build within a wormhole, where time and space worked differently. Some said, it was the place where beings far worse then Furie resided. And some said, it was a place that changed according to the will of the person who entered it, showing them, their worst fears, and turning them insane.