Chapter 47

[Unedited]  

**

"So-"

"Show me these powers of yours." He said.

Was that excitement she heard in Jimin's voice? Nora took a quick peek at the singer's face before looking down at her hands. 

She wasn't much of a face reader, but Nora could have sworn she saw a change in Jimin's expressions.

He had maintained a somewhat disinterested stance all this time, until the other members had left them alone. Was it a façade?

Was it all an act till now? But why? Was it to keep the others from noticing that Jimin was just as curious about Nora's powers as the rest of the members? Still-

"Nora-ssi?" Jimin called out, forcing Nora to meet his questioning eyes.

"My powers...yes-"

Maybe...just maybe, it was a bad decision on Nora's part to show off her powers to Jimin. She shouldn't have suggested it before the members-

"Do you need my help?"

"What?"

Nora was so caught up in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed that Jimin had taken a couple steps towards the bed, his arm held out for her to take.

"Uh...no I-I'm fine."

She didn't want to waste another minute mulling over future consequences, and scrambled to get out of Yoongi's bed.

Yes, she had broken another set of rules, and yes, she would have to face harsh punishment later on, but it didn't matter to her right now.

Her first priority was to protect the boys.

And for that to happen, she needed their trust.

She needed them to wholeheartedly believe in the myth and her powers, and for them to know whom to call for help when they faced danger.

If it was a criminal, a stalker or any other humans with a shady background, the boys could rely on Mr. Lee and their security personnel. Nora had no doubts in the staffs' ability to carry out Mr. Lee's orders till the end. 

She knew that the team would do their best to protect the boys.

What Nora didn't want happening, was Jin or Hobi or Jimin, calling for Mr. Lee's assitant in midst of a Furie attack.

No human could handle a Furie. And if they did call Mr. Lee, they would only be sending him into a death trap.

God forbid, if something like that were to ever happen, and Mr. Lee ended up getting hurt or worse.. killed - the boys wouldn't be able to handle it. And the guilt would swallow them whole.

Nora couldn't allow it, not on her watch.

She had to convince all seven of them, to accept her, and her powers as myths, and depend on her, and only her, during a Furie attack.

"Nora-ssi? Are we...waiting for something to happen?" Jimin cocked his head to the side, and stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you release your power?" He did a slow twirl on his feet, eyes wandering around the room, in search of the non-existing display of Nora's powers.

"No." Nora shook her head, taking a step away from Jimin and his outstretched hand.

"I haven't done anything yet."

"Oh-" Jimin watched her, as she took another step back, and let his hand fall to the side.

"Do you need my help?" This time, Jimin was eyeing the area above her abdomen, and Nora felt herself blush. "Your injury-"