Chapter 46

[Not really happy with this chapter :( I might edit it later. Just wanted to post a quick update for now. Hopefully, the next chapter will be longer.]

Unedited

**

"As long as I'm alive, and breathing, no Furie will be able to touch you."

Hoseok was already nodding his head, before Nora had finished her sentence. The gesture made her smile on the inside.  

One down, one more to go.

She turned her attention back to Jimin.  

The member hadn't voiced any of his thoughts, not after their dance leader started speaking. 

He had stood to the side and listened to the conversation between her and Hobi.

 Hoseok's panicked state, his worries pouring out before them, and Yoongi and Namjoon explaining to Sumi what kind of life they led everyday, to Nora's promise to protect the boys. And Jimin had stayed silent through it all.

What was he thinking?

"Jimin-ssi-"

There was no answer.

Jimin didn't seem to hear Nora. His eyes were fixed on the wall to his side, his gaze vacant, as if his mind was somewhere else. 

Nora cleared her throat, and tried to call him again. "Jimin-ssi?"

Taehyung walked over to his soulmate's side and shook him a little. "Jimin-ah?"

All eyes watched him, as Jimin blinked, his eyes taking a minute to focus on Taehyung, a question on his face. "What? What happened?"

He looked over at Nora, and then back at Taehyung. "What did I miss?"

"Really?" Taehyung raised a brow, and Hobi let out a sigh. "You didn't hear anything?"

"Of course I did!" Jimin stepped back from Taehyung's touch, his lips pulled into a thin line as he met Nora's eyes. "I know you have promised to protect us."

If she was being honest, the myth had expected more emotion from Jimin, as he said those words. Her protection was the best thing to happen to the boy band, but Jimin looked far from happy.

Rather, it seemed as if her promise had disappointed him, instead.

Nora didn't know how to react to the displeasure on Jimin's face, but she couldn't back down now. She had to make him believe in her.

"Yes. That's right."

"I promise to protect all of you."

"But-"

"But I still...I don't know-" Jimin mumbled the words, his eyes moving away from Nora and settling on Sumi who was standing beside her.

"I don't know-" His eyes lost their earlier alertness, and his mouth closed shut.

"Jimin? What is it? What are you thinking?" Hobi asked, this time.

They were all waiting for the guy to spill the beans, to share his thoughts with them. But instead, Jimin avoided their questions and stared at his shoes.

 Nora wanted to walk over to Jimin, maybe pull him to the side, and coax him to speak his mind. She couldn't do that though, so the myth settled for the second best option at hand. 

"Everybody get out." 

"What?"

"Why?"

All the members talked over each other, wanting to understand the myth's strange request. Why did they have to leave?