15

"Wake up, we have things to do," I groaned as I heard the loud knocking on my door.

I got out of bed, and unlocked the door before heading back to the bed and getting cuddled up into the blankets. I had felt this kind of comfort in over a month and a half.

"Where are we going?" I asked. I had no clue if we were even going anywhere.

"First, we need to solve your whole clothes issue. If you keep rewearing that, you'll stink."

"I hope it hurts your nose."

I looked up at him and he was standing next to my bed, looking down at me and I sat up.

"I don't want to move, it hurts."

"We're stopping by at your apartment."

"No." Sorin raised a brow at me. "I'll go in and get what I need."

"I can't have you alone in there," he said as he ran a hand through his hair. He was clearly frustrated with me. Good.

"Fine." My head hit my pillow and I winced at the pain that shot down my back. "What?" I almost barked out at Sorin. He was staring at me with a bored look on his face.

"A doctor should be here in in twenty minutes. Breakfast should be here for you in a few minutes."

He turned around and left, and I felt myself relax.

The door opened and a man came in with a tray full of food. I sat up straight and the tray was put in my lap before he left.

The tray had a banana with a bowl of oatmeal and a mug with hot black coffee.

Sorin opened the door right as I began to eat.

"Painkillers," he said dropping them onto the tray. "The plan for today is simple. We go to your apartment, and pick up all your clothes and anything else you need."

"I need to contact my landlord." I needed someone to contact him with. "For rent. I need a phone or something."

"When we get to the apartment, you can do it there. How much longer is your lease?" he asked me.

"A couple more months, if you want I can renew it." I said plainly.

"Good. We leave in an hour." He sat on a chair.

"What?" I asked after a few seconds. I was expecting him to leave.

"Can I not sit in my own home?" he responded and I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my breakfast.  "You got lucky you know."

"Yea, if it wasn't for the insulin, I'd be dead right now."

"No, you know too much." I almost laughed at that. A part of me I knew I wouldn't be dead, but I was so much pain that all I could think of was survival.

"So, you were waiting for him to almost kill me?" I asked because I deserved to know.

"Yes. With your injuries there was barely any chance of you killing him."

"Is he okay?" I asked. I wanted to know. I had used a random amount on him.

"His glucose levels are okay. He has an infection." It was an old syringe that I had already used. Sterile equipment was a priority, but I didn't have the time to think that through when I thought I was going to die.

There was a knock on the door before I could respond. I looked over at Sorin, who was already out of his seat to go attend to it. He opened the door, and a woman walked in. She had golden brown hair, brown skin, and golden green eyes. Her brown lips extended, and she smiled at me, a professional smile. Her perfect teeth on full show as her eyes glimmered.