12

"Hyughhhh" This was the third time I had puked in a one hour time period.

It didn't help that it was probably around three thirty in the morning.

It had been two days since we came back from the restaurant, and the Windsor family is currently under fire. The evidence for the murders should be going out later today.

I lie on the cold dusty cell floor, too scared to get the cot dirty, as I hold my lower abdomen. Fuck the spiders.

It's the anxiety gnawing at me for not knowing the man's face.

His familiarity.

The issue with being nearly perfect, is imperfection turns into a fear based anxiety.

The cold in the basement burned my nose. Normally I would complain, but today, I can't smell the puke I was surrounded in.

My eyes feel heavy with my overwhelming desire to sleep, but the rest of my body refuses to cooperate.  I feel like I am the rope in a game of tug of war, with two exceptionally strong teams tugging on me, ripping me apart limb by limb until all that's left is the bones and tendons on the floor in a pool of splattered blood.

My eyes feel droopy, and I try to relax my body. I start counting.

1...
2...
3...

Hoping for my brain to get bored and shut off my body, sending me into a sound sleep, even though that's probably the last thing I should do.

If I end up on my back, I would choke on my puke and die.

I'm lying on my side, it can't be too bad.

A slight numbness goes through my body, and I feel myself fall into a sleep.

As I near another state of sleep, my body jerks awake as I hurl out more of my dinner.

It was a small dinner, I have no idea where all of this is coming from, but that didn't matter.

"Aw, fuck!" I quietly yell out as I felt tears slide down my face. The pain in my lower abdomen had become so severe, my body turned to crying as a coping mechanism. I felt the uncomfortable wetness from blood on my underwear, pants, my inner thighs.

Being on my period in a musty rusty cell was not the best thing.

Only four to five more days of this.

Too many days.

I need to distract myself.

I thought about the look of horror on the guards face as he comes down here to see the mess, and I let out a small laugh, but immediately regret it after a shooting pain goes through my lower abdomen.

I felt the weakness grow stronger as my body went limp and the numbness sear through me as everything went black.

~~
Soft.

There is something soft under my head.

I try to move my body, but can't find the strength, but I feel like I'm on a bed.

I'm conscious, but my eyes won't open just yet. I can choose to fight it, or let my body do whatever it feels the need to.

I chose the latter.

I relaxed myself as sleep overcame me.

~~
I could move.

I shift my head a little and arch my back to stretch it out as I open my eyes.

I'm in my cell with a pillow under me.

I take in a deep breath and push myself up. I look around to see the puke from the floor has been cleaned and there is a cup of water covered with a lid and a couple pills sitting on it.