9

It had been three days since the masquerade, and two since we sat for two hours in the cell and discussed the plan.

Sorin didn't pay attention to any of the small details. He was quick to jump to all the bigger stuff as if all the small things didn't matter.

He looked at the big picture and the end goal, and how to get there, but didn't consider the tiny little steps in between.

Killing him was going to be much easier than I thought.

We were going to the restaurant tonight, and I was getting out of this cell to get ready in around an hour.

To destroy the Windsor's, we had to destroy their image and their reputation on a basis that attacked their morals, which was the very thing that pulled in their followers.

It was their gravitational force; their playing field, and it was a dirty game considering the insane amount of dirt I was able to pull on them.

This would destroy their image, their familial structure, and the people that work for them would start leaving.

After all, it's what happens when you're involved in a scandal and your business is rooted in religious beliefs. Your staff and workers are going to be hired on a religious basis along with their credentials, and the reputation we are about to create, would lead the devoted religious workers to quit. Their religious and conservative values were under direct attack by working for them.

Every decision made had to be cold and calculated. It could never be driven by raw emotion but guided. Guided by the emotion, and led by logic.

The strongest decisions are led by one's logic, but guided by the emotions of others.

How can I hurt them in the purest, most soul crushing form?

Tonight was more than just the ruination of the Windsor family.

Tonight was also a test of my observation skills.

How well could I execute this plan, while observing the public behavior of Sorin Giovanni? I needed to know his every weakness, his every strength, his entire mind to kill him in the most effective way possible.

I need his entire brain. If I couldn't predict the decision he would make, or a step he would take, or his words, or anything at all, I didn't know enough to kill him .

I have to understand being Sorin, so I can kill Sorin Giovanni.

My train of thought was wrecked as I heard the cell door open.

"Same bathroom as last time," Sorin said and I simply nodded before walking up the ugly stairs to the beautiful room it lead to.

I could feel Sorin right behind me; his breath hovering at the lower of my neck.

"Do you mind?" I spun myself around to face him. His jaw was clenched and he didn't break eye contact with me as he responded.

"No, but as my prisoner, I am supposed to keep watch of you." Another attempt to ask me to beg for the empty bedroom.

No.

"My apologies, I should have known better." I turned around a rushed my steps up the stairs to the room, to see a gorgeous black dress laid on the bed.

It was long and shimmery with a spaghetti straps and a square neck line. A slit went up the left side, but I would have to see how high it truly was when I put it on.

I walked into the bathroom and saw there were new things for me to use. Instead of a floral body wash, a citrusy scent was in its place.

I loved citrus scented things. The underlying sweet in the sour made it so beautiful to me. I admired vanilla, but it was just sugary. I loved the citrus because it was something to think about, it had this complexity to it. It reminded me of everything; how nothing is inherently good or bad.