27

Asteria Scarlett Geoffrey

Selene is the most overachieving and competitive person I've met. To say that she was worse that me in that aspect, would really show how bad it is.

She never understands when she's just flat-out exhausted. She pushes and pushes until she gets what she wants, but at what cost?

"How long does the satisfaction of having it last? Do you get bored?" I asked her. Her charcoal black eyes brightened at my asking about her satisfaction. But then they dimmed and narrowed. I watched as she opened her mouth before closing it. Selene is never left speechless.

Not even here.

"I will never be satisfied. I cannot be satisfied." She ran a hand through her pale white hair before continuing. "The satisfaction of short term goals is like a plain granola bar, but when that long term goal is met I feel like I've eaten a seven course meal. It's better than an orgasm. They're temporarily satisfactory, you'll always want another one from someone else," She said it so simply.

"And what if you found one person who could meet all those satisfactory needs. Someone you loved so much and made you feel so good, you think about the next time they'll give you an orgasm instead of just any other orgasm." I no longer had sex outside relationships. Partly because I was scared of a scandal, but also because I can't do it without catches strong feelings for her.

"I don't necessarily like sleeping around. I've done it for the job or for the feeling. It's how I feel about killing people. I do it for the job. I do it for the high. I'm not some whore, you know," She replied bitterly. She killed people for the high? I wasn't going to stray from the conversation, but I made a mental note of it to address it in the future.

"I never said you were a whore. Your sex life is for you. Not for other people to label." I watched her relax, her shoulders slumped at her rise and her chest fall as she let out a breath. There was no denying Selene was beautiful. She played her part and she tried to be beautiful, but even when she's not playing it she's gorgeous.

She looks most beautiful at ease: when she's relaxed. It's a rare sight, of course, but that just makes it more special.

I brought her here to kill Sorin and then turn her in. I brought her here to use, to manipulate. Obviously, I've failed.

I'm not even sure I want to succeed.

I watched her give me a small smile. One that wasn't sarcastic, or annoyed, or scheming, or angry. It was just a smile, and I felt my insides turn.

I didn't show it.  She would stop smiling, and I didn't want that.

"Don't tell me that like I already don't know it.  There are others out there who would benefit greatly from it though." She slumped back in her seat. The steam from her coffee was starting to slow, showing it was getting cooler and I watched as Selene took a sip. "It tastes better after its cooled down a bit. It has more flavor."

"The time it sat in that cup allowed it to marinate," I agreed as if it were factual instead of just a mere opinion.

"What's on the agenda for today?" She asked.

"Planning and outlining the path we take to Sorin. Because if we're going to kill him, we have to do it without getting caught or allowing it traced back to us. That is where you come in. I just have easy access to everything." I explained. She nodded as I spoke, her eyes glued to the edge of the table, as she looked deep in thought.