16

I looked into the mirror, perfecting my loosely curled hair. I wore a lavender jumpsuit with thick straps and silver heeled sandals and jewelry. The bruises were healing and my waterproof makeup covered them beautifully.

I wasn't a fan of the effects of waterproof makeup on my skin, but in cases like these, it was necessary.

I stepped out of my room with my silver clutch to where Sorin was waiting for me downstairs. Walking down the stairs was still somewhat painful, but I had elegantly mastered the cheerful face and the walk down.

Sorin wore a matching lavender button up formal shirt with black pants.

"Remember, get in, get the documents, get out," he said as I descended the stairs. "Don't take too long, spend as much time on the main floor near the people and socialize."

"I know how to do this," I retorted. "I've done this much more than you. I've broke into the Bishop Residence and even know the secret halls and passages."

"Don't wear yourself out, your injuries aren't healed." I rolled my eyes at him. "You're granted access to the gym next week, it's been a while since you've done it. Don't wear yourself out." As if he actually cared.

"I can take care of myself, Mr. Giovanni," I spat out his name, silently telling him to mind his own business.

"If I'm expected to make more public appearances with you, I want you to not look beat up. It looks bad for me."

The Windsor's weren't going to be here. No one had heard from them since the scandal, their mansion was put up for sale and no one has been seen entering or leaving the place.

"Are the Irwine's attending?" I asked hoping for some company from Kavan.

"Yes, but Kavan is in Ellis. Apparently he was quite intrigued with Thalia Sage. Don't do it again." My hopes for some form of entertainment were crushed as his words, but I snorted at his last piece. "It bothers me that he's in Ellis, he shouldn't the there. Somethings up. The Irwine's don't go to Ellis."

"I can't help it. I'm charming no matter what person you dress me up as." It was true of course. It doesn't get much better than me.

Brains, beauty, and bitches.

"Shut up," His voice came out harsh, but the corner of his mouth twitched, holding back a smile.

I just have that affect on people.

We got into the car, and I sat in the passenger seat and rolled the window down, but he pulled it up.

"You have hair." I accidentally burst out laughing at the odd statement.

"Did you put in contacts?" I asked.

"Don't ruin your hair, it'll make me look bad." A part of me wanted to find a knife in his car, and chop my hair off in the oddest, ugliest form out of spite, but I just rolled my eyes. "How did we meet?" he asked me.

"I'm no one. You're someone. We met at the club the night Damen died, someone must have seen you with me. You can fill in the blanks. I'm high maintenance, so make it good."

"If anyone asks, your last name is ..." he paused and stared at the rode, thinking of a name, "Keir," he said, looking at me at a red light.

Keir.

Not too bad. Basic enough for there to be multitudes of Selene Keir's out there.