20

Jasper?

I knew the Geoffrey family had another son they had kept a secret, but I also knew he was sent far, far away which is why I didn't keep tabs on him.

Unlike the Cozen twins we're looking for, Jasper was not untraceable.

Sebastian Geoffrey grew up in the country with an adoptive family.

"You're keeping him close. You're letting him think you trust him to watch him," I said as finally turned on the car. He let out a breath and turned his head towards me.

"No. I made a mistake. I trusted him until the file was stolen. I trusted him when he told me he hated his family for abandoning him, and letting him grow up with a family that only looked good from the outside, but I'm not so sure anymore."

"You don't know if you can't blame him, but you also don't know whether or not you're suspicious of him," I put his thoughts into clearer words and he nodded.  There was an uncomfortable silence as he backed out, the muscles on his face were tense, his knuckles fading into a sickly shade of white as his grip on the wheel intensified.

"I have to many reasons to trust him and to be suspicious of him. Be careful what you say around him, if I say something random around him, just go along with it," He said a few moments later. He looked like he was still thinking about it though.

"Okay, but what are you going to do now?" I asked. "While you're trying to figure out whether or not to be suspicious of him, he might be getting through your stuff and taking it back."

He sighed as he pressed down on the break as we approached the red light, and looked over at me. "Leave that to me, I've got someone on it." 

"Can I know at least?" I asked.

"No. You're working with me while being my prisoner, act like it," he said and I felt my vision stir in anger.

"Oh, I think the prisoner threat is getting old now, considering you did have me fucking tortured for a week. Don't-cha think?" I asked keeping my voice casual. Now is not the time for anyone to get mad or yell. We have a pretty face to put on. 

He didn't respond, but he aggressively rolled his eyes at the road. We turned into the parking lot, and he parked near the back.

"Why the back?" I asked.

"So more people can see us walking in," he responded.

Sorin exited the car, and came around to open my door for me. I looked out to see the restaurant we were at. It was a Mexican restaurant owned by a family. I knew the Mendez family. Not personally, of course, but I knew things about most people in town. They had a restaurant, which was thriving, and all their children above the age of fifteen had worked there at some point.  They had amazing food, which is why it was so packed during lunch hours and nearly impossible to find a table for dinner.

Sorin's hand found mine and he intertwined our fingers. I took a side step closer to him, as we walked towards the restaurant. I inhaled his strong cologne. Though I didn't like it much, it wasn't bad. It was more for formal occasions.

Heads turned we walked through the parking lot. Middle aged women stared at us and whispered something to the person next to them. They couldn't tell I was watching of course. My peripheral vision extended further than most people's.