1

Murder is an art.

I am an artist.

As a child, I spent as much time as I could in the massive library next to the closest thing I has to a shelter, a small shed.

I walked up the stairs to the large ancient looking library in front of me.

The art of murder lies in the science of not getting caught.   The literal science; the beauty of the human body.

"Selene, how are you, dear?" The old librarian asked me.  She looked me up and down. I was wearing a soft light brown sweater tucked into a plaid skirt with black boots. My icy hair was loosely curled and up in a half pony tail, tied with a silk brown ribbon.

No one would suspect such an innocent looking girl to kill for a living.

I'm sure the old woman believed that I was working a job while attending a community college studying science.

"I'm well, Ma'am. How are you?" My voice was soft and graceful.

"I'm all right dear, looking for more anatomy and physiology text books?" She asked as she typed into her computer.

"Yes please," I responded with a gentle smile. I placed my hands on the counter to seem eager for more 'study material'.

I was nervous.

This wasn't a kill I was studying for.

This was a mission which ended with a kill.

Normally, it was track the person, get in bed, kill.

This was complicated.

It was a process lasting months.

"Here is the entire section, take what you need, but don't let anyone in," The librarian winked at me as she gave me access to the restricted section. Textbooks were kept in the restricted area of the library.

I had to memorize as much of this as I could, making me so grateful to have photogenic memory.

I spent the entire day at the library developing a potential course of action and research.

I knew what had to be done.

I walked out of the library twenty minutes before it closed and I bumped into someone on the way.

"I'm sorry," I spoke softly. I looked up at the man. He had hazel eyes and a sun blond hair.

It was such a coincidence that I bumped into the very man whose murder I spent the day planning out.

Sorin Giovanni.

"I'm sorry, Miss, are you okay?" He asked. I forced my cheeks to blush, trying to seem intimidated by him. I had to blend in as every other woman he would walk by through out the day.

"Yes, thank you, Mr. Giovanni," I smiled and giggled softly and walked away.

Socialites like him who control the government make sure the rich get more than they already have and the poor suffer from it. 

So, I pull a Queen Catherine and kill him. He wasn't my husband, but the situation I was going to get myself into was close enough.

~~
A week later, I looked into the mirror inside the apartment I never thought I'd be able to afford.

Killing people for a ransom has it's perks.

I had on a short revealing black dress which was a size too small hugging my body.

The makeup on my face was completely different from the makeup I wear to the library.

It accentuated my bone structure, plump lips, eye shape, etc, and it was enough to gorgonize a man.