8

I didn't care to hold back the large smile on my face.

If he wanted evil, I was going to give him the most malicious he had seen.

After all, he was talking to the Kresent Killer.

I wanted the bedroom. I craved better living conditions, but I knew better than to give in to the temptation. I held more power in the small cell as his hostage. He couldn't use what he gave me over me.

He couldn't hold him being the bigger man over me. The more I hurt his head , confusing him regarding my decisions, the more power I held.

Slowly, I would have him wrapped around my finger like the perfect ring: only I could wear it and only I could take it off.

He craved malicious power and immortal power. Only I could give him the power, and I would take it away twice as fast.

"Then let's do it." I told him. "But let's crush their bones into a fine powder and throw them into the oceans, where they lay forgotten, never burned. Letting them suffer in any form of the afterlife that could exist, as they watch everything they built, fall into chaos."

"So you'll take the room?"

"Of course not." I only work for myself. I will not give into him by taking the room and joining him as a partner. I will not partner with him, I will rule over him, and the only way to do that, is to stay in the cell.

He narrowed his eyes at me. He seemed to search my face for some sort of answer, but I let my muscles rest, bringing my face to a relaxed position, an emotionless look, as a refusal to his unspoken question.

Why?

"I would like to sleep. Ask away," I ended our staring at each other.

"I want to know everything else about the Cozen family. I want to take advantage of everything before we destroy them. I want to them to become mine in their death. To submit without recognition."  The desperate plea for power in his voice was what I needed to hear. The vulnerability at begging for the knowledge for power.

I had never seen this side of Sorin. I had seen rude and power hungry, but I had never seen pure evil.

I couldn't tell if it was because he wanted to release the stress of the Cozen's or just the stress of the job.

My company was doing the opposite of what I wanted. It was not dumbing him down, but making him more power hungry and efficient. I had to figure out a way to use that to my advantage.

"The Cozen's want to completely destroy you. They want to rid every last bit of you, and anything that could be counted a memorial. They want to erase your existence. Calliope craves power the way an alcoholic craves a drink, only there's no rehab. They want to rid you and then the others."

"Including the Geoffrey's?" he asked me.

"They want them out the most. They hate them more than they hate you. They're going after the Windsor's first." I told him and he looked away and his face slightly scrunched in concentration and confusion as if he was a calculus student applying implicit differentiation on a problem in his head.

"I thought I was their prime target, with the boat and everything."

"You were. Plan B is to remove each family one by one until they're left. The Geoffrey's will be the last to go after you."