15 | CHECKING

"is he still not back?" jaemin asked the red haired male about their third roommate after exiting the shower. the chinese was sitting in jeno's bed, staring at the door and waiting for the other brown haired male to walk back in so that they could talk things through.

seeing renjun shake his head, indicating a 'no', jaemin glanced at the clock on his desk that read '20:58' and went to sit down next to renjun on their friend's bed. the brown haired male placed his hand on top of the shorter's, catching the other's attention, and gave the chinese a small smile in an attempt to assure him.

"he's been out for almost six hours. i'm getting more worried. what if something happened to him?" the red haired boy asked, getting really worried about their friend.

jaemin just shook his head. "don't worry. jisung texted me earlier and told me that he accidentally interrupted his dad's dance class at limitless and stayed there for a couple hours until jisung finished what he was doing and picked him up. he took jeno back to his dorm room, and he's taking a nap there right now. jisung said he brought him dinner to eat as well."

'limitless' in the brown haired male's explanation was automatically implied to be the lower level, where the twenty one boys go often to hang out. it was the same place where jeno and jaemin were dared to kiss earlier during the break. it's been almost a month since then and jaemin doesn't remember going there since that day because there was really no reason for him to go there.

at least jaemin's explanation had helped renjun calm down and rest easy, knowing that his other brown haired friend is safe. although the chinese wanted for jeno to return back to the dorm room sooner, he took jaemin's words to heart and gave the younger the time he needed to calm down and get control of himself again.

"i was just... really worried about him. it was my fault after all," the chinese male said, leaning his head on jaemin's shoulder. the korean male didn't mind, although he did feel a slight flutter in his heart when the older did that. the brown haired male really needed to get his feelings checked, but this was not the time to do so. the main focus right now was renjun and jeno.

"honestly speaking, and as your best friend, it wasn't really right for you to be distant from him just because i saw you guys kiss accidentally. i understand it was an accident and it didn't bother me as much," jaemin was aware that he was lying when he said it didn't bother him, but he had only said it to help his chinese friend calm down. "but don't blame yourself for it, either. honestly, i probably would've acted the same way."

"jaemin," renjun called out, lifting his head off of his friend's shoulder and looking him in the eyes. "don't lie. i know it bothered you when you saw us kiss. you can't hide it."

jaemin cursed himself for being too obvious. he didn't want to show it, but it couldn't be hidden. the brown haired male himself knew how jealous he was and how he was upset to see his two best friends kissing. heck, he even spent days thinking about it.

but of course, he wasn't thinking about it because he was jealous of renjun having the opportunity to kiss jeno, although the other brown haired male himself also had that chance with the dare, but he had spent the time to think about him feeling left out after witnessing their accidental kiss.

these sudden thoughts brought him back to the long conversation he had with guanheng, about possibly liking both jeno and renjun, and how the brown haired male had completely denied those suspicious. however, he wasn't so sure of it now, ever since he had said it out loud.