8 | AIRPORT

"oh, come on. we were supposed to be at jisung's dorm room like, ten minutes ago," jaemin whined, complaining about waiting for an extensive amount of time for jeno to get ready to leave and send their chinese friend off.

"just be patient. he just woke up," renjun tried to calm jaemin down, not wanting to hear anymore of his complaining so early in the morning. the shorter male was extremely tired, barely getting any sleep the night before, and he didn't want to hear more of the brown haired male's complaining. it was already way too early in the morning to deal with anything, so listening to jaemin complain for almost five minutes now was giving the red haired boy a headache.

how renjun wished he had stayed in someone else's dorm for a bit while keeping up his distant act. it was all part of his individually planned plan to help get the two brown haired boys together so he could finally move on after knowing that jaemin was taken.

however, no one would take him in and told him to just go back to his dorm. some friends he had. and because of that, the chinese male had to deal with jaemin's whining so early in the morning.

"hold on, i'm almost done," jeno called from the bathroom. another groan was heard from jaemin, and the brown haired male earned a nudge in the side from the only chinese male in the room.

"stop complaining. it's already too early in the morning for this. i don't need to hear another groan come from you."

sometimes, renjun wondered how he had a crush on jaemin. maybe it was his playful and friendly personality, or his kind and caring heart, or his energetic aura that never failed to take renjun out of his sleep, although he still constantly complains about being tired and needing more sleep. liking someone who was unable to be calm and collected majority of the time never crossed renjun's mind, yet here he was, having a crush on the very definition of an insane human being who gets high simply because of sugar.

shaking his head, mainly at himself but also at jaemin, who had now retorted to try and force the locked bathroom door open, the chinese male made his way to the brown haired male and essentially peeled him off from the bathroom door, and made an attempt to pull him back to the other side of the room where they were previously standing, obviously with much difficulty.

renjun's small size was very disadvantageous in times like this. even though he was only six and a half centimeters shorter than the whiny brown haired male, his strength was nothing compared to the korean's. jaemin could easily unground renjun with no effort, while the red haired male would have to put so much effort as to just get jaemin out of bed in the morning. the chinese male hated being so small, but he couldn't blame anyone other than his genes.

with much difficulty, renjun succeeded in getting jaemin to detach himself from the door, but the chinese male wasn't prepared for what followed afterwards. the legs of the brown haired male crossed over each other as renjun tried to pull him away, making him have more difficulty in dragging his roommate away from the bathroom doors. his light weight and weak body caused the chinese male to lose his balance, which led to him wrapping his right arm around jaemin's neck to try and prevent himself from falling. however, that plan backfired on him because next thing that the boys knew, both of them landed on the floor with a thud.

jaemin was on top of renjun, his left hand by the shorter male's head while his right wrist was still being gripped on by the other. the older of the two still had his left hand on the korean male's wrist while his other arm was still swung around jaemin's neck from when he tried to stop himself from falling. obviously, that didn't turn out well because it only dragged both of them down to the floor and led to them being in this position.

the two friends had no sense to actually try and get back up from the floor. instead, they remained in that position for a little while longer, just looking into each other's eyes with pure shock and surprise running through them a mile a minute. renjun felt his heartbeat starting to increase with every passing second, and following that was the gradual heating of his cheeks, turning a slight shade of pink. however, neither of them broke the eye contact that was occurring between them at the moment.