1 | DARE

"jeno, truth or dare?" ten asked the light brown haired male.

school had ended about a week and a half ago, and currently, all twenty one boys were gathered in the lower level of limitless, playing an interesting game of truth or dare. though it had only started about an hour and a half ago, everyone was enjoying all the weird truths that were answered and the crazy dares that were done.

"dare," jeno responded without hesitating.

he had no idea why he chose that. sure, dares are more fun to do than truths, but the only reason why jeno avoided choosing truth was because the question 'who do you like?' or 'do you like anyone?' seemed to be the most common questions to ask in any game of truth or dare, especially if no one else knew who you liked or if you liked anyone. those were the two questions he wanted to avoid the most for one reason and that was because he didn't want his friends knowing who he likes.

jeno could lie, but he didn't want to lie to his friends. usually, no one would have a problem with lying to their friends, but jeno was an honest man and would tell no lie, which is why he chose dare.

the light brown haired male wouldn't deny that he likes someone, and he would even admit that he does if someone asks, though the boy would prefer it if no one did ask.

however, no one has asked if he likes anyone, so no one knows who he likes, no one knows he likes someone, and jeno plans to take this secret to the grave

because the person he likes has a crush on someone else, and that person is none other than his best friend.

"oh, come on. i wanted some tea," ten said, whining that he didn't get to ask jeno what he wanted to ask. johnny and taeyong just laughed at their thai friend, knowing what he was planning to do and found it funny that it failed.

"you were going to ask him who he likes, weren't you?" taeyong asked as the light brown haired male nodded his head, pouting and crossing his arms jokingly. the rest of the group just laughed lightly as well.

"too bad, hyung. i chose dare," the brown haired male said, pretending to be all high and mighty. he lifted his chin up, puffed out his chest, and put his hands on his hips, acting like a high school superman who just saved hundreds of people. he immediately laughed afterwards, continuing to keep the bright atmosphere.

this is what jeno loved: no drama, no tension, no secrets, nothing. he loved being able to spend time with his friends without having to worry about tension between two of them or dealing with any drama going on. nope, that all ended just at the end of the recent school year. taeyong and jaehyun apologized and forgave each other, yuta and sicheng made up and got rid of the tension between them, and jisung and chenle got over the misunderstandings that both of them had. it was currently drama-free between the twenty one of them.

"you know, this is probably the first time i wished someone chose truth," ten stated, being honest about the fact. the others around him were nodding their heads, agreeing with what he said. it was no secret that everyone was curious about jeno and who he liked or if he even liked anyone, but he gave no clues or signs of having a crush on anyone. no one even knew if the brown haired male liked girls or guys since he's never liked anyone in his life, or at least hasn't mentioned about liking anyone.

"me, too. i'm actually curious," guanheng said, sighing. "but, i mean, if he chose dare, then he chose dare, right?"

the others groaned and jeno just laughed it off, but across the room, he could see the eyes of chenle, meeting his and exchanging a knowing thought. jeno telepathically told the light brown haired male to not mention it, and the other understood. it wasn't like the chinese even had the idea to bring it up.

"so anyway, jeno, you said you chose dare, right?" the thai male asked, to which jeno nodded his head to confirm. he seemed to have no doubt in his answer, so ten just nodded his head.

"okay, then. i dare you... to kiss jaemin."

and all the drama that jeno thought was gone came crashing back like a tsunami, since the brown haired male didn't want to kiss jaemin, no matter how much he loves him, knowing that it would stir up more drama.