12 | POSSIBLY

days have passed and jaemin was still thinking about witnessing renjun and jeno kiss right in front of his eyes. although it was an accident and his two roommates did explain what had happened, it didn't make the kiss any less of a kiss.

the image was still clearly printed in his mind, and honestly, the brown haired male found it weird that he was the one thinking about the kiss between his two best friends. jeno and renjun seemed to have moved past it really quick, although the other brown haired male had talked to jisung about it from what jaemin heard and the chinese male spent a good day avoiding the other because of what happened. they were back to normal nonetheless and it made jaemin wonder if he was the only one still thinking too much about it.

the reason why the brown haired male spent way too much time keeping the image of the kiss inside his mind was because of what he felt when witnessing the event. jealously was there, obviously, since he likes the other brown haired male, but that feeling was soon overpowered with something else, similar to what jaemin had felt when looking at the picture of the three of them in the car that sicheng had took.

yuta had suggested that the feeling the brown haired boy was feeling at the time of the picture was a feeling of being left out, but jaemin, at the time, denied any reasonable explanation backing up that thought despite actually considering it for the rest of the day. now, the familiar feeling was back, and there could be nothing else within jaemin's range of emotions to describe the way he was feeling.

maybe yuta was right. maybe jaemin was feeling left out from renjun and jeno. but since when? the brown haired male had no idea, and this was what confused him.

what exactly did he feel left out about? was it the idea that his roommates were in the dorm room together for god knows how long, alone and without the brown haired male? no, that wasn't a possibility. it couldn't be; that's happened numerous times and jaemin didn't feel or think anything of that.

not knowing what to do or how to deal with the new emotions, he decided to turn to the trusty internet and go to google sunbaenim for some help. there, he began to type into the search bar a question that has been wandering inside his head for quite some time now.

can you fall in love with two people?

jaemin didn't know if this was certain to him. no, he was sure this didn't pertain to him. but for some reason, the mention of the possibly and experiencing the feeling of being left out led the brown haired male to question if it was really possible to love two people at once. even then, he didn't really know when he fell for renjun, if he ever did, that is.

these were confusing times for jaemin, and while scrolling through whatever the web provided him and clicking on links that weren't useful to him at all, he went back to the search bar and erased his previously searched question, beginning to type up a new one, wanting to ask the internet what it meant if he felt left out. however, after typing about two words from his reworded question that he wanted to look into, the first thing to pop up on his recommended searches was something unfamiliar.

what does polyamory mean?

'polyamory?' jaemin questioned to himself. it was a word he had never heard of before and didn't know what it was. becoming intrigued, the brown haired male completely forgot about everything he was previously searching for and clicked on the first recommended search. from there, he saw the first definition to show up on the web and recited it quietly to himself.

"polyamory... wanting to have an intimate relationship with more than one person..." jaemin muttered to himself, looking at the cracked mobile device in his hand that still miraculously worked, although the cracks were obvious and disturbing.