2 | KISS

"kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss! kiss!" the other high school students in the room were chanting, urging for jeno to kiss his best friend, who was on his left and visibly blushing red. the light brown haired male looked from jaemin to renjun, who was on his right, before looking at the other boys inside the room, all chanting for the two males to kiss.

"n-not to be rude or anything," jeno cursed himself for stuttering. "but what's the forfeit?"

upon hearing the request on being acknowledged about the forfeit, ten spent a minute to think about something the younger could do if he chose not to kiss jaemin. an idea popped into his head, followed by a smirk, which made the light brown haired male feel uneasy at the look on his thai friend's face.

"you would have to answer any questions we have truthfully for the next five minutes," ten said. jeno just looked back and forth from ten to jaemin, knowing that if he decided to give up the dare, he would most likely be bombarded with questions he would prefer not to answer, most of them possibly revolving around someone he likes.

the light brown haired male closed his eyes and let out a sigh before nodding his head. "i accept your dare," he said, causing everyone else in the room to start squealing like fangirls of their favorite boy band. some of the boys from the far end of the room moved closer to the two light brown haired boys to witness them kissing, and johnny even took out his phone to record.

"please don't record," the one who was dared to kiss his friend said, causing the american male to whine but put his phone away nonetheless.

jeno turned to look at his best friend, who was avoiding his eyes and blushing the color of blood, and cupped his cheeks with his hands, allowing for the other light brown haired male to look at him in the eyes. jeno didn't notice renjun on his right, looking away in jealousy that the two of them were about to kiss. scratch that, no one noticed the red haired chinese male as he looked away from the two boys with jealousy filling his eyes.

"it's just a kiss..." jeno tried telling himself as he moved closer towards the other male. "it's just a kiss... my first kiss..."

eventually, one of the other high school students in the room got bored from watching jeno inch himself closer towards his friend and pushed the light brown haired male's head to join his lips with jaemin's. both of them were wide eyes through the three seconds that their lips were connected, and once jeno got back to his senses, he pulled away from his best friend, looking him in the eyes.

a series of squeals and screams were heard from the other boys in the lower level of limitless as many of them began running around or shaking each other. lucas even hit jungwoo playfully, who was on his right and mentally screaming in pain while holding his left arm. renjun just remained seated there, trying to hide the pain in his heart with a small smile, while tears brimmed his eyes.

"it was just a kiss. it didn't mean anything," renjun tried to tell himself, but knew that there was something more to the kiss, since one of the two boys, who were dared to kiss, likes the other.

"there. are you guys happy now?" jeno shot at his friends, not aware of how hurtful his words seemed to jaemin. it was as if the light brown haired male didn't enjoy the kiss, and even if that was false, the impression he was giving off made it seem realistic.

the nod of his friends made jeno relieved that they were satisfied. he sat back down on his spot next to jaemin, looked towards the other, and gave him a side hug in an attempt to brighten up the atmosphere from the kiss earlier, not even aware of the red haired male on his right, who was fuming with jealousy.

"so anyway, now that that is done, jeno, it's your turn to ask someone," ten said to the light brown haired male who was still trying to grip himself on what just happened.

the said male spun the water bottle that was on the middle of the circle that he and his friends made and watched as it landed on yangyang, who just groaned while others cheered.

"okay yang, truth or dare?" the male asked, to which the other replied with 'truth.'

spending a second to think, jeno decided to fulfill ten's wish from earlier by getting some tea and asking yangyang a somewhat personal question.

"what is something that you know but none of us don't?"

whispering between the other twenty boys began as yangyang thought carefully about what to tell the others. spending a good two minutes, he finally came up with something to tell, even though some of the other boys knew about this already.

"well, chenle got into a car accident about a month and a half before school ended," he said, making the older members of the group gasp while the younger members looked around at the heavy reactions.

the eight boys who knew about this event braved themselves for a ton of questions to be thrown their way, but it was inevitable since they were originally planning to tell them anyway but ended up forgetting somehow.

"why didn't you tell us?" became a common question asked by the older members of the group, the first one coming from jaehyun.

yangyang then proceeded to explain the reason why the younger members never told them about the accident and when they originally planned to tell them, and while everyone was paying close attention to the chinese male and even helping him explain, depending on who they are, jeno was blanking out, lost inside his thoughts.

his mind went back to the kiss, and the brown haired male began to question himself about one thing: whether he liked it or not. a sudden wave of emotion and realization hit him during the kiss, and even though he was pushed into it, for some reason, jeno couldn't find himself to hate it. instead, he seemed to have enjoyed it more than he thought he did.

"but we're best friends," jeno thought, constantly bringing back the idea that him and jaemin are best friends and that there could be nothing else between them. "and what about renjun?"

the brown haired male knew that renjun likes jaemin, and that jaemin likes someone else. however, jaemin was unaware of his chinese friend having a crush on him, which that alone, caused for some internal drama to occur between the three boys. how long renjun had liked jaemin? the brown haired male didn't know, nor did he pry in enough to find out.

jeno was suddenly brought back to his immediate reaction to the dare that he completed earlier, and realized that his words most likely sounded rude and unwilling. looking over towards jaemin, who was busy trying to help yangyang explain chenle's car accident with the rest of the former first year student, the light brown haired boy saw how his best friend seemed to not be affected at the moment by what he said, thus, causing jeno to put the idea in the back of his mind and reminding himself to talk to the other later.

but that thought didn't shake that fact that jeno enjoyed the three seconds of what the others called a kiss, and the light brown haired male was unaware of the long ride coming ahead of him for the summer.